Quiet in Melbourne Today

NachaLuva

Product Developer
Melbourne is a funny place to live. If you dont like sports you'd best move lol. We're sports mad here!

We have a holiday for a horse race (the melbourne Cup) & for 10 min the city holds its breath.

The SE inner burbs become a nightmare for travel as we host the Grand Prix. Those who dont like motor racing exit in a mini exodus as it becomes all consuming to those who remain.

Even interstate events like Bathurst find Melbourne a quiet place to be.

But on the last Saturday in September, Melbourne becomes a ghost town in the afternoon.

There's almost no traffic, pedestrians are few or to be found quickly scurrying as if after curfew & there's a heavy sense of anticipation in the air. Its palpable...you can feel the excitement!

I'm not an AFL follower, I dont even have a team i follow (although the Saints & the Cats would be my favourites), I prefer the NRL (Carna Storm!!!) but I always watch the Grand Final.

What is it about Melbournites that makes us so sports mad??? :lildevil::lildevil::lildevil:

What is it about Melbournites that makes us so sports mad??? :lildevil::lildevil::lildevil:
Thats a good question & I don't know the answer mate :)

One thing I do know though, is when you guys host a sporting event, you really do turn up in huge numbers to show your support :rock::quitar::quitar::bananatoast:

Regards
Mr Turbo

What is it about Melbournites that makes us so sports mad??? :lildevil::lildevil::lildevil:[/quote]

Probably nothing better to do in Melbourne! :lol: (j/k)

I've spent a whole lot of time in Melbourne over the years and during my early trips I was just amazed at how sports crazy they are down there.

Back