PICTURE POST: your favorite off-road shot!

Those shots of the Grand Canyon are fantastic Darkanion :raz:

Here is my 2nd pic of one of my favourite shots of my Forry. It was taken at Lidsdale a few years ago.

favpic.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

This photo is of the 'other half' of my sig. ...
MarathonRoad1999.jpg

My 1967 Beetle at the top of Marathon Rd, Gippsland Alps, on our way to Moroka Hut.

There is one steep rocky section on the road, and we absolutely screamed up it with rocks pounding on the floor pan! :lildevil:
My then 9 y.o. daughter was saying that she didn't think it was safe to be on this road. I told her that it was OK, as there were no signs saying 4X4 vehicles only.
When we got to the top we found this sign! :p
My darling wife never doubted that I would get the Beetle through, she knew what it could do. In 1990 I had it into Grant and Talbotville (old mining town sites) - much to the chagrin of Toyota drivers going in as I was coming out! :raspberry:
That car could get anywhere - just like its predecessors on the Russian Front. ('Hate the regime, not the car!' ;) )

It is still registered! Restoring it is on my 'Bucket List'. :discomonkey:

Last edited:
The old Beetle could do almost anything. I still remember Larry Perkins was running I think 2nd in the Australian Safari (?) in one, up against all the mega buck factory 4WD's. Sure, it may not have been standard, but neither were its competitors. Then on the last day- still in second he hit something he shouldn't have and retired. But what an amazing effort. And the underpinnings of them are still be used in Formula Vee circuit racing!

I know these aren't quite "off road" but I usually go out by myself and don't really have anybody to take pictures. The touring wagon is an '89 d/r 5spd with 15" pugs. That thing does wonders on the Jeep trails. People were amazed I had made it to where I did. Someday I'll find a buddy with a Jeep and get some good shots.

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

Here are two of my favorite pictures, taken in The Watagans (thanks Mr Turbo) and the other from Stockton Beach.

LQ7X1055.jpg

DSC09500a.jpg

Regards,

Joel

Very, very, nice, Blue Fox!

Everything's just perfect in this shot. The position of the Forester to begin with. The fact that it's an XT. The sky. The landscape. The depth of field. To top it all off, that's the coolest shot of a set of BFGs I've ever seen. Kudos!

Not my best offroad shot, but just got back yesterday from a short surfing trip with a mate. This is where we camped. Thought the shot kind of set the vibe for why we buy these cars.

3.jpg

Great mood shot, Cluster!

There is so much more to Subarus than the cars themselves. It's a lifestyle! :biggrin:

Back