Camping in Australia- threat to overseas tourists

Wonder if Ozemite is as effective as Vegemite? I've heard anecdotal evidence that Marmite doesn't work at all.

This is for the Ratbag... because I know he'll be travelling this road soon, so he can keep an eye out for the Yowie.... idw & Luva of the Nacha... this is for you to watch too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSkTtxkQwE"]Yowie Sighting (Audio Report #06) on The Newell Hwy, Pilliga Scrub, Coonabarabran NSW. - YouTube[/ame]

Best regards,

.... it is real ..... we get the kids to keep a lookout neways, & they don't drink alcohol either ;-).... nothing quite like a road trip with some excitement RB :)

Best regards,

^ Ah, S2, the powers of suggestion on the young mind ... :poke: :raspberry: :lol:.

There is some of the best Aboriginal rock art in the country in the Pilliga State Forest/NP/SP, whatever. I plan to check it out while in the vicinity.

OK. I checked the route thru Pilliga on Thursday. No Yowies. However, Scooby2 had an altercation between Warwick & Cunninghams gap with an unidentified animal. I believe that the current dry conditions led to the road carnage I saw...

I have often wondered in my 31 years of driving how I would react on instinct. Apparently - exactly as I was instructed. Brake straight. Don't swerve. When something running faster than the speed of light (deer or roo - it was so fast I'm not sure) ran across the road in the headlights between the oncoming B-Double and Scooby2, I braked.... hit it with the passenger side bumper and alleviated what would have been an unidentified animal through the front of the car... or if I had swerved the end of everything into a B-Double. The truck going the other way slowed to see that I hadn't hit it. Thanks be to the gods some1 up there was looking out for me, and that Scooby2 pulls up straight as a die. :)

Extremely lucky there, S2 - your good judgement paid off. Well done.

That sounds like a very, very close call that had the potential to end very badly.

I'm glad to hear that it didn't ... :poke: :bananapartyhat: :banana: :bananatoast:

Thanks RB. When there was somewhere safe to pull over and check for any serious damage to the radiator etc... Gotta confess my knees were a tad wobbly. Lots to be thankful for in this life :)

Good to here you and the car are ok!
You did everything right, brake and line it up.

Dad took a hit from a roo the other day in the navara at 100k'h with braking down to 70, hit it dead on flat with the bullbar. Only damage is the number plate is a bit mangled!

Hopefully no one else here has any encounters!

The AG report is clearly false - they even admit it is an April Fools prank. The truth is that no-one has seen a drop bear and lived to tell about it. No remains of drop bear victims have been ever been found, because it is believed they devour the entire carcase, boots and all.

^ Same as people thought until recently that Komodo Dragons were vegetarian. Can you believe it? Flaming big mouth full of razor sharp teeth, and people thought they were vegetarian? Pull the other leg!

True about the drop-bears and the bunyips. Same as the Tassie Devils, they never leave so much as a bit of fleece from a sheep they have killed ... :iconwink: :lildevil:.

Lol.. Funny stuff! :D

That's Kids stuff... Our bears are the largest on the planet..
Luckily we don't have to look up in the tree's to see them at least!

Ah, it’s the bear you can’t see you have to worry about. Lucky for the grizzly bear drop bears aren’t found in North America.

Back