Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
forester 2.5x
Transmission
manual 5 speed
Hi guys
i have a forester 05 2.5x model (poverty pack ) :(
basically i wanna know which nudge bars fit without any modifcations and where to buy them i was looking at an ECB Series 2 63 mm has anyone got this nudge bar?

https://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Make=20&Model=85&variant=702&SEARCH2.x=37&SEARCH2.y=8

also i wanna put in fog lights. how do i do this? these are the fog lights im looking at do they just install into the bumper?

www.carparts.com/details/Subaru/Forester/Replacement/Fog_Light/2005/X/4_Cyl_2-dot-5L/SET-S107523.html

thanks in advanced

Hi guys
i have a forester 05 2.5x model (poverty pack ) :(

Nothing wrong with a poverty pack!
basically i wanna know which nudge bars fit without any modifcations and where to buy them i was looking at an ECB Series 2 63 mm has anyone got this nudge bar?
I believe that both the ECB and the SubaExtreme nudge bars fit without major modification, but why a nudge bar? they do nothing for Off-road use :iconwink:
If I could afford a new nudge bar, I'd save my pennies until I could afford a replacement for the bumper altogether, that way you get better protection and better approach angle.

But I'm poor (I've got a poverty pack too) and so have neither.
The money I could have spent on a nudge bar I spent on a decent lift kit and bash plate. which worked out cheaper and (so far) more useful to me

Oh, :welcome: too, happy travelling and feel free to post some happy snaps of your beast!

There are two different models in 2005 as the Forester had a facelift. If your Foz is an early 2005 you have more choice. Queensland Bullbars make a nudge bar as well as Subaxtreme and ECB.
The ECB mounts from underneath and reduces your ground clearance and approach angle. The Subaxtreme and QLD mount through the front.
Just remember nudge bars do not offer frontal protection and are really only good for mounting driving lights.
The fog lights for the early and late 2005 are totally different.

G'day & welcome aboard Katie.

Do you really need fog lights? I've not had fog lights on my Foz for years and have not missed them.

nudge bar looks like its made for hanging extra lights on it and for looks. which is not looking good too for my taste.

Back