• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Ridin' around...hop in.

"The local Subaru dealer may rent Foresters, I'd be glad to do some leg work for ya if you decide to come our way Tweaksta. If we can't find a rental we'll make sure you're mobile while here! There's a couple of "hots and a cot" waitin' on ya at my place too.
I'd like check out some of y'alls scenery sometime as well...."

Awesome! That's great to hear. Of course when you or Carl or any of our other mates in America come to Oz we'd be honored to return the favour....

More to come...

Went out for a quick loop toward the low country yesterday, looking for an alligator that a buddy has been seeing on the banks of this pond...no gator this time though.

DSC00431-1-1.jpg

DSC00434-1.jpg

DSC00389-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Carl.

Stanly county, the Uwharrie mountains and the Pee Dee river are sitting on the dividing line for the Piedmont and a long gone ocean. After heading South-East out of Stanly cnty and across the Pee Dee, the trees, dirt and topography make a rapid change to pines and flat sand. This piece of game lands is only about an hour East of Albemarle and is definetly alot more like the coast than the mountains! Flat, sandy and no where near as interesting, but it's close to home and there are 100's of miles of sand roads and pig paths. All are pretty (too) tame though.
DSC00486-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks y'all!
Yea it seemed strange to see the gator so late in the year along with some left over fall colors. It's been 65-72 degrees fahrenheit for the past few days, he's making the most of it I guess. Yesterday he was still hanging out, at 66 degrees, when I left at 4:30.
This weekend is set to be nice with more unseasonable highs above 70 in that area. I'll probably try to get some better shots with full sunshine if he's posin'.:cool: I'll try to get a little closer Nach. Never know,maybe I'll end up with some interior shots.
eekers.gif
Maybe the canoe would get me closer...
The new tool, hopefully I can learn to use it.
BDB7AFD0-832F-413D-96E4-162DEDAB0E5B-358-0000003FB4408E7C.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tom.

Tryin' to figure it out still...
Went back out and caught the gator in a different pose.:ebiggrin:
DSC00820-2.jpg

My sons went with me for a 140 mile loop of gravel, sand and dirt.
DSC00758-1.jpg

DSC00765-1.jpg

DSC00743-1.jpg

DSC00787-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back