Fazed's 2003 Forester

Got a 2003 blue Forester.
It has been recently serviced and had a head gasket change.
It has oem alloys but I also got a set of steel rims, which going off previous posts won't be needed as the alloys should be plenty strong enough.

After having the car nearly 2 weeks a few things need attention.
The clock light doesn't work, the rear wiper doesn't work, the tyres are showing age and I get a whistle from the exhaust when under acceleration over 3K rpm.

This sunday was fix it day. The clock light was easy. The rear wiper was little more challenging. Didnt get any voltage at the rear wiper connector. I knew the fuse wasnt blown as the rear washer stikk works and they share the same fuse. Followed the cable run back to the right rear corner ofthe car and found a black box that was disconnected. Plugged the cable back in and the wipers fired up. The only thing was the wiper arc was wrong and was swinging right to left below the window. The resting place for the arm was on the right hand side of the window. I had a little chuckle, did someone replace the wiper arm, put it in wrong, couldn't figure it out and disabled the system by pulling the plug on the wiper controller? So a simple repositioning if the wiper arm to the bottom left of the window had the correct swing arc and a working rear wiper again.

you could rearrange the letters...

images

Well it's been a few years. Still have the Forester. It now has 250,000kms. So what has changed?

Well it has an LPG system that wasn't really installed the best and still correcting mistakes make by the installer. Simple stuff like excessive bends in hoses, rubbing hoses, poor wiring........

Managed to pick up a cheap $ubaextreme nudge bar to mount some LED spotlights.

BFG AT's are shocking in wet weather so I am going back to Yoko ATS.

Got hold of XT leather seats and went back to the originals as they were uncomfortable.

Managed to get hold of the centre console thingy and have a double din android head unit mounted.

I have a ticking noise when the engine is cold and is nosier in cold weather.

Planning on picking up an XT SG forester in the next 12 months, after 4 years of N/A Forester ownership the only thing I want is a bit more power for overtaking.

20767944_1990793717871111_5102319978082120380_n.jpg

28279378_2140166286267186_4345640003058008064_n.jpg

Back