edit/delete posts

jaygongin

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
impreza hatchback 1.8L
Transmission
manual
I am wanting to edit my post on the show us your Subaru picture thread. but I don't see an edit button on the post I made. just wondering if im missing something or if I have to go through an admin.

Gidday Jay

There is a time limit on user editing of posts, it is some days.

If your post is older than this time limit you will have to PM a mod or admin to edit it for you.

I'm a forum newbie here and also see no way to edit my posts..

I did a double post by accident and can't get rid of it..

-E!-

Yes, I think that the delete function needs to be restored.

Yes, I think that the delete function needs to be restored.

Not a big fan of users being able to delete their own post entirely, but then I come from a background of rather more 'vigorous' style of forums, where at times people needed to be held accountable for what they said. some users weren't allowed to edit their posts at all.

I don't think it's a big deal to just flag the post (using the report function or otherwise raise the issue with the Admins) and they can delete it when they get around to it. :)

Last edited:
[MENTION=16177]1erh[/MENTION]

Once you have 5 posts and been a member for 30 days you will be able to edit your posts; your status will change to "Forum Member". In the meantime any admin or mod can help you out. Delete will not be made available as that can really mess up a thread.

I agree with Kevin about the delete function.

If you say/do something really silly, contact one of the admins about it via PM.

I've been a member for a few months and have 12 posts. I can't edit the last post I made today though?

@BriefObsessions I will double check - pretty sure it's set at 15. Once your status changes to "Forum Member" you will be able to edit posts

PS yes, should be 5 posts and 15 days here - as I'm an admin on multiple sites I get confused sometimes ;-) I will "promote" you and then figure out what is wrong

Last edited:
@BriefObsessions I will double check - pretty sure it's set at 15. Once your status changes to "Forum Member" you will be able to edit posts

PS yes, should be 5 posts and 15 days here - as I'm an admin on multiple sites I get confused sometimes ;-) I will "promote" you and then figure out what is wrong
Edit time is set to 60 minutes for 'Forum member' members in user permissions.

Not allowed for 'New users'.

It's strange that some members are being auto promoted whereas others are not e.g
1601539911146.png
Looks like I'll have to dig deeper

Back