• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Spammed by prvt message

it seems that once a potential registrant is awaiting confirmation, they can "see" the PM system.

Perhaps restrict PM access only to those who already have 5 meaningful posts by placing moderator approval on those first 5 posts. A lot of sites do this as a way to deter spammers and it works because posts don't appear until the new user shows they actually are involved with the forum content.

G'day all.

I also found this early yestdy morning, couldn't find any way of reporting a PM, so finished up forwarding it to "admin", so someone there could sort it.

Is that the best way to do things, or would it be better to do the same as Nipper & start a thread in here?

Thanks

Gunner

Gidday Gunner

G'day all.

I also found this early yestdy morning, couldn't find any way of reporting a PM, so finished up forwarding it to "admin", so someone there could sort it.

Is that the best way to do things, or would it be better to do the same as Nipper & start a thread in here?

Thanks

Gunner

Probably best to just add it to this thread if it happens again. One of us will deal with the creep as soon as possible.

I've made a slight change which I hope will prevent messages being sent while awaiting approval. Let us know if more are received.

I didn't get one (PM) I must be the odd one out :p

That sounds like a great idea PigSti.

Feel free to do either or both Gunner41.
The more mods & admins that know about these scumbags the better & the faster something can be done about it.

Great work Kevin :raz:
Hopefully that will work & stop them :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

No need to un-ban this one! I've got the same, but since he's been banned I've not had to deal with the PM :D

Cheers

Bennie

Alright then, Bennie, just for you, I won't unban him ... :rotfl:.

From my Batphone

It looks like a Spammer name: bbcdefgbbk

When I tried to look at the profile I got this!

2j5zztk.jpg

:shrug:

Last edited:
That's because the user registration was awaiting moderation - and I just moderated his arse out of here! :lol:

Back