Whoops! Lighting question

Where are you getting your positive?

If you are tapping low beam then you are tapping neg as there is just one pos wire at each headlight and 2 negs one each for hi and low beam (which are switched).

I know, right?!
Not sure what's going on.

• Using a Lightforce loom, which gives you the ability to remove a lead that goes to earth (when positively switched) and loop it back into the relay for negatively switched vehicles.
  • I originally tapped the high beam and did the loop back thing. spotlights came on on high beam and when lights were turned off. I've got an overide switch in the cabin that could turn them off completely, so it wasn't terrible, but not good.
  • I then changed the loom setup so that it was for a positively switched vehicle. Spotlights came on on low beam only, but were off when lights were off.
  • so then I had a mad idea, and tapped the low beam wire and left the loom setup for positive switched vehicle. It works exactly as a bought one!
Does any of that make sense? it doesn't really to me...

What's connected at each relay pin i.e.

?

How about some pictures, because I like pictures..!

relay:
TrlBBBch.jpg

The wires going into it:
aTBZR7Fh.jpg

Black at top goes to lights.
Yellow at bottom goes to +ive on battery
Yellow Black on left goes to earth (you can see the "-ive switched" cable too, with the white tape around it)
Red Black goes to cabin switch.
Not visible: tapped wire which goes from low beam to cabin switch. Well, it's tapped to low beam according to this:
Z

18864907370_ac48f40f54_z.jpg

Lightforce instructions here

What I've done really shouldn't be working. Should it?

Oh, the cable(s) to the lights are on a flat connector, the the others all vertical if that helps figure out what's going where??

Pictures may be worth a thousand words.....but not those! :lol:

I can't tell which pin has which wire connected to it. I think the relay wiring has something to do with it working the way it is - I know there is a setup called "combination" (of pos and neg) and perhaps you've stumbled upon it :iconwink:

I must. To be honest, when I'm driving at night where I'm using my spotties, the last thing I want to do is stop.
I haven't taken any yet.

There's a couple of pics in the journal of them on the car, but that's about it.:shrug:

Nothings melted yet though. :lol:

Back