• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Rusty, The Faithful Justy

Hey guys, my name is Jamie, and this is my Justy build.

7143622615_ae51e686b6_b.jpg

6784073280_dbd219e91c_z.jpg

justy.jpg

Photoshop provided by DrakeHale33 of RS25.com :)

Ever since I have been into Subaru’s I have wanted a 4x4 Justy. Last Christmas my wife gave me Rusty :) She bought him off of her Brother’s roommate for $500. Included in the sale were 2 sets of steel wheels, a complete 2nd engine (<future turbo build ;)) and a box of assorted parts. All I can say is I love my Wife ;)

This car is currently serving as my DD until my OBS is back on the road. I own several Subaru’s, but this one is in all honesty my favorite, lol. Well, enough chit-chat, on to the good stuff .

Drivetrain:

-Stock 1.2L 3 cyl
-OE Air Intake Covered in Heat Reflective Tape
-5spd W/ Push Button 4WD

Interior:

-OE Plaid Seats
-Suzuki SX4 Rear Cargo Net
-Red Map Light
-Equus Gauges (Oil Press, Water Temp, Voltage)

Exterior:

-OE 13x5 Steelies (2 Sets)
-175/70R13 Starfires
-OE Wheel Covers Painted White
-Custom Front Bumper (Currently In R&D)
-Custom Rear Bumper (Currently In R&D)
-2 inch lift (Currently In R&D)

Audio/Electronics:

-OE Center Console W/ OE Cassette Player
-OE AM/FM Radio
-iPod Cassette Converter
-Kicker DS460 Front Speakers
-Kicker DS650 Rear Speakers (Awaiting Install)
-Garmin Handheld GPS
-AW Digital Camera

Offroad Gear:

-Harbor Freight 2000lb Winch (Awaiting Install)
-High Lift Jack (Awaiting Roof Rack For Install)
-Roof Rack (Need To Fab)
-Light Bar (Need To Fab)
-2 Person Emergency Kit
-2 Person Tent
-2 Person Camp Cook Set
-Camp Axe
-Machete
-Small Bait/Tackle Box
-Collapsible Fishing Rod
-9000 LB Tow Strap (x2)
-Ratchet Straps(x2)
-Snatch Block
-Shovel
-Book on Edible Wild Plants
-Survival Book
-Neoprene Camping Pad
-Jacket
-Winter Gloves
-Leather Gloves
-Various Bolt/Nut/Washer Kit

More work will be done gradually over time. I have multiple Subaru builds going at the moment :lildevil:

Other Build...https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t153383-canon-carvers-canyon-carver.html

Last edited:
Before

6655916361_f93edae4ab_b.jpg

The day I picked Rusty up.

6655932857_2c604c79f9_b.jpg

The trek to Rusty's new home :)

6655958779_063cf8f2ce_b.jpg

PO abused Rusty a little. He was used as a DD to the Cripple Creek Mines, HORRIBLE road to DD cars on.

6655941591_c005c930c1_b.jpg

Dirty :(

6655991373_4095d5865f_b.jpg

6655999921_39c38bb8d8_b.jpg

Last edited:
looks great! i dont belive we got the 4wd drive justy here in Australia but i recon it would be alot of fun!

You should have had it, but then again it may just be the rebadged Suzuki Swift in Justy clothing ;) Over here the Swifts were known as Geo Metro's and Suzuki Swifts, only none of those are 4WD.

if we had them i have never seen them, i know we had the fiori's then we had the justy but i dont remember ever seeing a 4wd, but it would be very cool. are they very common over in the US?

They are around from time to time, but are beginning to be a sort of collector's item, lol. The price of gas in the states has made most folks flock to the 30+ MPG vehicles. I am averaging about 40 MPG right now. I hope to be in the 60 MPG range before long, but that will require me adapting a piggyback ECU and other items. They used to be super cheap to pick up, but now they are going back up :( Parts are also pretty hard to find now, which makes it pretty difficult to restore.

-Jamie

-Update

I have just purchased a TON of NIB Justy parts, as well as a bunch of spare parts, headlights, tail lights, switches, etc.

I also just completed my 3rd Poly filled motor mount. I will need it to fully cure, but I have no reason why it shouldn't feel just as sturdy as the other 2 I have already filled/installed.

-Jamie

They are around from time to time, but are beginning to be a sort of collector's item, lol. The price of gas in the states has made most folks flock to the 30+ MPG vehicles. I am averaging about 40 MPG right now. I hope to be in the 60 MPG range before long, but that will require me adapting a piggyback ECU and other items. They used to be super cheap to pick up, but now they are going back up :( Parts are also pretty hard to find now, which makes it pretty difficult to restore.

-Jamie

trust me i know the pain of price of petrol! (gasolene)

yep im the same, same price over here on the other side of the country some places its actually been over 1.60!

1.60, as in $1.60??

Gas for me is $3.55 per Gallon, Maybe I am not doing the conversion right, but it seems you guys have it easy, lol.

My other vehicle (2010 Suzuki Kizashi) gets about 40 MPG, and takes about $45.00 every couple weeks to fill up.

The Justy only takes about $27 to fill up, and it lasts me about 2 1/2 weeks to go empty :)

sorry i dont know how to convert litres into galones but the $1.60 was per liter. we measure fluids in liters here in australia and our fuel economy in Liter per 100km. im not sure on how to convert MPG or L to Galones but im sure some of the older members will

60MPG is excellent :biggrin:

I do like the Justy's MPG, lol. My father gets about 16-20 MPG in his 2011 Jeep Rubicon, and that is highway, lol.

The Justy is going to be in the family for a LONG time, so I have plenty of time to figure out the best ways of getting the best fuel mileage.

-Jamie

Back