New REX

I have to admit, yes I do like it, (I think) apart from that hideous rear spoiler :shake:
If they loose that, or at least replace it with a different rear spoiler, then yes ok :)
I will reserve my final decision until I actually see it in person though :iconwink: :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

That looks like it will be made just for Rally Cross or something like that. Yeah, lose the spoiler, then we'll talk ;)

came across this-

NEW SUBARU BRZ
Subaru has confirmed it will unveil the next stage in the development of its upcoming sports coupe, developed in partnership with Toyota, at next month's Frankfurt Motor Show

In build-up preparation to the Frankfurt Motor Show, Subaru has launched a new international website which will provide teasers and coverage of the show
At first, the name 'BRZ' doesn't really sound like the name of Subaru's first ever rear-wheel drive sports car, and, arguably, one of the most highly-anticipated models for the company in the past decade. However, it actually makes sense and stands for BOXER, Rear-drive, Zenith.
The new Subaru BRZ will go into production during the first half of 2012. Subaru Australia is yet to decide on whether or not the BRZ will be headed to our shores, but the company has said a decision will be reached towards the end of this year.

Attachments

• brz2.jpg
    brz2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 15
If they have to lose anything it is the puny 1.6 litre engine. Hopefully, that is JDM only. As for the standard Impreza being over engineered- I'd love to know where. MY BS detector is bouncing off the rev limiter on that one. Yes it looks good but once again Subaru have changed direction like a ball in a pin ball machine. How long will this brain storm last? They have finally made the MY11 WRX a reasonably good if under braked car. The STI needs a better engine and a more hardcore suspension and steering set up, better engine cooling and bigger brakes. Hopefully quicker steering is on the menu because I know my WRX has steering which is too slow and having spoken to STI owners even they feel the same way. Spec C steering should be on at least the STI but probably also the WRX- at least as an affordable option

Dunno. Looks like this magazine is expecting that the next-gen WRX will be based on the soon-to-be-realeased RWD Subaru BRZ (aka Toyobaru) instead of the 2012 Impreza platform. I have no idea. So their guess is as good as mine.

But if history is any indication, the WRX has always been the best of both worlds. In other words, the WRX bring daily drivability along with high performance. As long as any future generation WRX can maintain that balance, I don't care whether it has 3 or 5 doors, and whether it's based on the Impreza or the BRZ platform. As long as it's fun to drive, whether you're just going to work or hitting the track...

i wonder sometimes what Subaru want the WRX to be. Since mine was made back in 1999, it has become heavier, softer and for a while slower. While I still prefer the appearance of mine, the current model has finally got a bit of mongrel about it that has been missing since 2000. Even so, it is still too soft and under braked.The WRX has a good market in Australia- has been since 1994 yet Subaru has never approached our club to get feedback about what we want. Sales have never got within cooee of 1999 and they seem to be the only ones who cannot understand why.

To improve the WRX they just need a lighter car, with better brakes, sportier suspension, better steering and engines with decent pistons. I don't care if it is based on an ordinary Impreza but why do they struggle- REALLY struggle- to make nice looking cars with decent interiors? As I have said before, they need to focus on the direction they wish to go and stop making expensive, disastrous decisions which has been their way of doing things for way too long.

As I have said before, they need to focus on the direction they wish to go and stop making expensive, disastrous decisions which has been their way of doing things for way too long.
I'm with you on that Rally :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

I'm with you on that Rally :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

ditto

Im quite fond of the styling both inside and out up until around 04-05. I prefer the hatch's to the sedans too but thats just me.

This is my dream wrx :raspberry: I would like either silver, black or the WRB. They are reasonably light (1200kg) and are pretty quick stock :biggrin:

2005_subaru_impreza_2_5_rs_wagon-pic-30541_jpg_667x667_q100.jpg

After that the grille turned to sh*t, and with the latest gen they because really heavy, more than what my 1st gen Forester weights and thats a family wagon :shrug:

Just my 2cents worth though.

Taza

Taza, you're about 200kgs shy of what they weigh. Even my car was in standard trim about 1290. From bugeye onwards they are 1400+kg- the STI's about 1500. We weighed them at Eastern Ck Raceway. With 6 speed , R180 etc mine is 1335 now

Taza, you're about 200kgs shy of what they weigh. Even my car was in standard trim about 1290. From bugeye onwards they are 1400+kg- the STI's about 1500. We weighed them at Eastern Ck Raceway. With 6 speed , R180 etc mine is 1335 now

Close... I don't own one or look at the specs but not far off. 1500kg??? Far out, my foz weights just under 1400, its not even a performance car and bigger and a wagon :p
They need to make the new ones more like the old ones.

The performance versions weigh more because of the very heavy 6 speed and bigger diffs, bigger calipers and discs, bigger rims and rubber, bigger hubs, bigger intercooler, bigger wings, bigger driveshafts, bigger sway bars, thicker springs- it just goes on. Some differences are small- but they all add up.

Damn, that's 15kg more than my Liberty as it sits today, I'd hate to think what the blue thing is, I'd imagine around the 1,500 when driven off road with tools, wheel carrier etc.

I like the new shape and it looks like they are going back light weight, if it's a 1.6 it'll really scream, my STI motor has a 7,900 red line, the fatter & bigger they got the lower they revved, I think the new 2.5's are down to about 6,600rpm now.

True, but the 2.5 is all about torque and when it comes down to it on the road or on the skidpan torque wins every time. Even on the track there are not many power circuits in Australia. Mt Panorama, Eastern Ck and Sandown come to mind, but even then torque out of the corners or up the hill is important.

Back