A new Subie.

We are getting a new 2012 Impreza Hatch at the end of the year when they come out. I can't wait to take it for a spin. I really just want to compare the FB20 to my EJ20.

I really like that inteio too. Not so keen on the current one though :raspberry:

6 speed tranny and CVT sounds good if they get it right.
Reckon they will be on the upgrade of the Forrie next time. Hopefully a new interior also.

I just spoke with the dealership in Austin. They haven't had one of their CVT's go out yet,but if they did & it was out of warranty, it would run at a bare minimum of $6500. Most CVT's operate with a belt that can break & needs adjusting. Subaru's have a "big bada** chain". Makes me feel a little better about them from my previous experience with a belt-driven CVT! Usually the belt would break & beat the sh** out of everything inside.
Alot of people with CVT's are saying "get rid of it when the warranty is up & get another because of the extreme high cost of replacing one". So i imagine $6500 here in America would be good for atleast $9000 in Australia.
It'll go eventually like any transmission, but when it does, it will cost bookoos more!

I'd stick with a manual anyway as it is more fun and you get low range.
$6500 in USA COULD be $9000 here as we are a smaller market but then again our dollar is worth just over $1.07US.
That said,i'm sure Subaru Australia would not be giving anything away!!!

Between my 2 cars I have 2 clutches and 19 gears and I wouldn't want any less

Silver & taza I'm with you guys on this one. I'll take a manual box over a CVT any & every day of the week :cool:

Regards
Mr Turbo

As a matter of interest i got a quote on a new Forester while i was in Vic a couple of weeks ago. $29,600 on the road for an X, white, no add ons.
This is the mob in Bendigo that i got my one from originally.
I'll look into it next year if they put the 6 speed into it and re-do the dash.
Not going to bother with a diesel 4bie. Don't need it and the cost if anything goes wrong is just too much. I would rather have money for a beer or two.
I hope to be heading off down to SA around Sep/Oct with a mate and across the bottom and up the west coast to Broome.
I'll do this trip and then look into a new Forester.

Back