jf1sf5

Forum Member
Car Year
'97
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Went for a 4 day trip last weekend, was very cool ! Met up with other Foz's, 4 in total and big fourbies. On a steep rutted climb, 2 of the Foz's didn't make it but most important, a 90 Defender TD4 with all the help of the electronics never came up !

Vids to come !

Thanks for this post.

What Foz models made it and what models failed? What tires were being used?

What is the possibility that the failures were driver error?

All Foz's were SF but with different setups. The green one has the 2.0 engine, 1,45 low range, 2" lift and new Hankook mud tires. One of the red has a 2.2 engine swap, 1,45 low range, 2" lift and used Grabber AT tires. The 2nd red has a 2.5 engine swap with 4EAT and a switch to lock the MPT, 2"lift and new Conticrosscontact AT tires. And the last one, mine with a lot of goodies but very tired Grabber AT tires !

What comes out is that the lockable center diff made a huge difference and being able to go slower (1,59 low range or 4EAT) helped too.

Wow! Nice final and successful pass by the Red Foz! Funny how the Land Cruiser, Patrol, and Pajero (?) all got shaken around struggled mightily.

jf1sf5: How did your Forester fare at that spot?

Thoroughly enjoyed the running commentary as well. ;)

Wow! Nice final and successful pass by the Red Foz! Funny how the Land Cruiser, Patrol, and Pajero (?) all got shaken around struggled mightily.

jf1sf5: How did your Forester fare at that spot?

Smoothly :)

I hope I'll get few other vids of that hill climb.

Back