MY03 XS mods and adventures

Current Specs

2002 MY03 XS Auto
CAI
Axle Back exhaust for a bit of boxer rumble

Purchased Oct 2008 with 74,000km on the clock, one lady owner.

I bought this with no intention of modifying it (famous last words)
It took about 6 months, but i got started and decided that offroad is the way i want to go.

Next to do is get a set of Yoko A/T tyres, install CB radio, and maybe just do a spring lift.

CAI (PVC pipe from bunnings and ebay 45degree sillicone bend)
DSC_0777-1.jpg

Muffler (2.25" axle back)
DSC_0822.jpg

Rally Armor mudflaps
DSC_0835.jpg

Yesturday i took a short drive out past Healsville and through to Mt. Donna Buang, got to drive on a nice twisty fire trail for about 10km.
Its a great change heading through the damp rain forest areas, can't beat that fresh air!

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

Climbed up this observation tower for a good look around the valley

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

on the wait home i stopped by Sugar Loaf Resevoir and we sure are in a drought alright

DSC_0833.jpg

i remember going there as a kid, and there used to be 5 times as much water in that dam!:neutral:

I'll add more pictures the more places i go.

Last edited:
Hey, nice pics and a sweet ride.
We bought our 2002 MY03X (silver) last May with around 100,000 more Km's than yours. A bit knocked around but regular servicing at dealer. Paid $13k.

Put on raised King springs and Geolander ATS tyres (a little noisy now on the road but great offroad), plan on 50mm strut lift in the near future after getting stuck for the first time on Fraser Island.

Let us know when you get up here. You can have a look at the strut lift.

IanC

I bought this with no intention of modifying it (famous last words)
It took about 6 months, but i got started and decided that offroad is the way i want to go.

Next on the list is to fit light bar and spotlights, CB radio/aerial and a good set of A/T tyres...possible suspension lift.

It's good to see you & your Forry enjoying the dirt. :)
The pics from on top of the observation tower are amazing. :)

Put on raised King springs and Geolander ATS tyres (a little noisy now on the road but great offroad),

Yes I agree, raised Kings & Yoko AT/S tyres are the way to go. :)
Since I put mine on, I haven't looked back. :biggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

cheers for the advice on lift and tyres, as long as i know other people are happy with that combo its a pretty safe option :)

at this stage i should be up in QLD in about a months time. i'll let you know.

Went for a drive this arvo up to Mt Disappointment, mainly to have a thrash around in the dirt and puddles.

as most are aware this part of victoria was where the recent bushfires went though, and driving through there is quite freaky, its like a different place all together, very surreal.

anyway took a couple of pics...

DSC_0842.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

Love that last pic.:)

Certainly surreal, it's beautiful, just in the wrong sort of way. It's nice to see some new growth coming in already. Wouldn't be so bad if they were natural fires, but knowing that a lot of them were intentionally set still makes me :evil:.

When looking at those pics i swore out loud, but will refrain from using that language here ;) It's a sad sight seeing a charred Mt disappointment. I'm planning on heading thru that way next month on my pilgrimage North. having been in that are previously i'm sure it's going to be a shock. Funny though because i still see beauty in the pics you've taken.

In such harsh conditions, nature (trees) still stands tough and tall. They survive where sadly many humans and animals have not. Does it say something about how humans have inhabited the land, and perhaps in places we shouldn't? Or maybe we're just not respecting the land enough and listening to it...

anyway... enough mumbo jumbo for one night. i'm going to enjoy my extra hours sleep! yay day light savings changeover.

i should have taken some more pics, but all over the ground there were little ferns sprouting up all over the place! a few signs of nature coming back to life at least.

i still can't get over how different it felt up there compared to before the fires.

Nature is really amazing isn't it. Especially with the way it tends to cope in such tragic circumstances. I too really like last pic with the re growth already appearing.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Lights, Light bar and UHF Ariel fitted..
DSC_0900.jpg

Better shot of the Rally Armors.
DSC_0905.jpg

been busy packing and organizing to move up north, leaving tuesday morning :ebiggrin: can't wait to get into some off roading once i arrive.

I remember going to Canberra after their big bushfire- we used to go to the ROC each year, and it took a long time to come back. Even by 2005- our last rally there- it had still not fully recovered. Healesville still looks fantastic, but the drought is not doing Melbourne's water catchment any good. When you fly into Melbourne, I am not sure which catchment it is, but it sure looked low last time i flew to Melbourne.

Good post

Back