Haydo17

Forum Member
Angaston, Barossa Valley, South Australia
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
5spd manual
Anybody put a rear swing away spare wheel carrier on their foresters? If so could you please put pics up as im looking for ideas to fit my 2000 forester, thanx guys and girls

Since you use the Triton now Kevin, maybe you can off load your rear bumper/spare wheel and jerry holder? (In my direction?). :)

The price that they go for you may be better off going to a 4wd fabricator and getting one made up instead

^ Exactly! At $4500 your dreaming mate. Buy 3 SF's for that lol
Ive picked up 2 second hand before but then sold them on to mates. They go for about a grand 2nd hand.
Im actually after one too for my new to me Foz GT. They are an awesome bit of kit but even off the shelf HD suspension isnt upto the task of support the weight in the rear. Bending struts/strut tower mounts and sagging springs is common when having a full load plus one of these bars.

With the same set up as Kevin I have stronger Kings and normal struts, ie not SLS, on the rear.
I have had some slight cracking along the left rear wheel inner arch which I have repaired and modified the rear RH well arch so as to prevent cracking in this area. This can be, and probably is, caused by the gross overloading required for such expeditions as the Simpson crossing and Cape York, such as extra fuel, water, fridge, second tyre and rim and second battery along with usually one passenger and necessary food, clothing and spare parts and tools. I have also installed a rear wheel strut tower brace to keep the rear struts in as near to vertical position as is possible.
The whole lot works well.

Back