• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

SF 1.44 Dual Range in Forester XT

There are urethane bushes, and there are urethane bushes. Some are better than others. I have urethane bushes in almost every place in my Forester and I don't find it a problem. Conversely, I had another brand in my WRX which disintegrated in a short time. In the rear hub bush (the big one) I had 2 inches of movement in that one alone per side. Car was very sideways and until I saw what happened I could not figure out why.

What low range ratio are you getting in the dual range box?

The gearbox is 1.44 low.

The urethane bushings I put in are all Whiteline. It is quite noticeably harsher of a ride, even my friends mentioned the same as they've been in my car before and after the bushing install. I replaced all the bushings as I've been chasing this odd "rear end slight wig wag" issue for a couple years now. It's getting better the more stuff I replace, but feels as though the rear end is "lose" from the body. Hard to explain.

So, it took a bit, but got the dual-range swapped in and running well. Just waiting currently on the interior bits and dual-range lever. Took me a couple weeks as I filmed EVERY SINGLE STEP that I could to do the swap, will probably make a video out of the 85 GB of video I took.

Awesome. There's a few more people doing the dual range swap in the US now so I'm sure many would be keen to see how it's done. Are you on the Subarus Offroad International Facebook page? Post it up there too...

www.facebook.com/groups/subarusoffroad

Do you have the centre console & lever? As you know they are common here, I can ship them over to you if you need them

Awesome! The Parts are being sent out from the wreckers soon! Make sure to post it up in FozTrek too - facebook.com/groups/foztrek

Awesome. There's a few more people doing the dual range swap in the US now so I'm sure many would be keen to see how it's done. Are you on the Subarus Offroad International Facebook page? Post it up there too...

www.facebook.com/groups/subarusoffroad

Do you have the centre console & lever? As you know they are common here, I can ship them over to you if you need them

Yeah, I'm not on Facebook (and honestly don't care to be). I'll be editing up some things and posting them up on YouTube eventually. Nothing difficult to be honest. Other than a couple of part swaps, it's a normal take the transmission out and put the new one in. The interior bits will be where people will want to know about methinks.

And thanks, but SquiresSquire beat you to it! He found the interior bits I needed (RHD handbrake, lowrange shifter, and center console trim).

Back