• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

A New Forester for Ratbag's SWMBO

Well, Folks

It's done. SWMBO approved, and so did I. They put the acid on us, as have a "sale" on ending today, and had two other enquiries. Refused a holding deposit ... So I had to grovel and gawk today. All straight underneath. Doubt that it has ever even been off the bitumen. Some parts at the rear still looked "new" - i.e. original sub-frame paint with no layer of dirt ...

Car has not been detailed; so good to see it "raw".

Take delivery next Thursday.

This is it, here.

Got a reasonable deal on the Camry, $2,500, specially when one adds back the cost of imminent repairs of the order of $1,500~2,000 ...
The dealership had already reduced their asking price by around $2,000. So not a bad deal for a 3 y.o. car with 65K Kms on it, that had a delivery price around the $44K+ mark.

The dealer didn't realise that the Forester had about $2,200 worth of additional extras until they looked at the original order in the book wallet, BUT I had :iconwink: :) :) :). The deal had been struck by then. "Too late", she cried.

No cargo barrier, but has had a Milford professionally fitted previously - mounting points are still there ...

There is no key for the Thule racks, so they will either retrieve the keys, or re-barrel them :).

Drives well, with no sign of any kind of uneven wear on the Geolandar G95s, which are around 1/2~2/3 worn. Look to be OEM tyres, spare is new, and an alloy ...

Plenty of jump in the donk, even though duck-features managed to lock it in 1st to start with ...

Talked them up a grand on the Camry trade in; and also pointed out that by saying their car has "full log book records" by necessary implication meant that the normal servicing had been done, and that the 60K Kms service hadn't been ... They wanted to argue the toss about that, but agreed to do a basic service with both oil & air filter in the price. I mentioned that I didn't think that anyone would legally interpret "full log book records" to apply to a blank log book with no record of servise therein ...

MUCH running back and forth to the manager for approval of the various negotiations ... LOL. I had told the salesman at the beginning that I was a PITA ... :lol: :ebiggrin:

Will post some phone camera photos a bit later.

Need to exchange the brand new Bosch battery in the Camry for the fairly new but unknown age Century battery in Roo2. Exactly the same size/rating.

All up, the change over price was about $3K less than I expected it might end up being, with the car being both younger and with fewer Kms on it than I expected. Has the "Sports Auto" rather than the later transmission as well.

SWMBO is currently ringing around the party line telling all her friends, so obviously approved of ...

:ebiggrin: :cool: :lildevil: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yeah RB, try to keep mobile - that''s what I've been trying...

Don`t get old is my advice....
Should anyone be silly enough to seek it, my advice that is.

Tried that, mate. It didn't work ... :rotfl:.

Yeah RB, try to keep mobile - that''s what I've been trying...

Thanks, PS.

Don't try, just do it.

Getting out of the habit of regular exercise is a subtle and deadly thing. For the last couple of months I have kept a daily record of how much of everything I do in this area. Some days I cannot reach my (modest) targets of one or other exercise/s. I'm really trying to improve this, and I gradually am.

Back