Parking lights won't turn off!

lol....I just spent over an hour trying to figure out why my parkers where stuck on, and then joined up there, and discovered this thread...sure enough, I'd somehow bumped the switch! Didn't know it existed till now. I don't know why Subaru bothered to put it there....maybe just to fool people like me! :lol:

How embarrassing...this happened to me today. Spent bout half an hour pulling my hair out (& I dont have much to spare!!) till I remembered the switch...Doh! :o:rotfl:

Last edited:
Even more so considering you have posted in this thread in the past :lol:

We'll just pretend it didn't happen - OK! :iconwink:

(it's caught most of us at some point!)

Before buying my Forester, I had it inspected at the local dealership... in the end, they gave me a list/price quote of what should be done if I buy it.

They did include replacing the parking lights because they didn't work.

Turned out it was just the switch was off... The dealership's mechanic didn't know that!

Turned out it was just the switch was off... The dealership's mechanic didn't know that!

I hope that wasnt a SUBARU dealership! :lol:

Makes you wonder how many dealers do things like use SUEC, as Subaru requires it to be done every service :huh:

Reading this fixed my 93! Been trying to figure it out off and on for a month. Pulled all the fuses ect. Never even knew that switch was there! But good to know it's on my 93, 95, 96, 96, and 07 imprezas not sure if on my 15 crosstrek, haven't checked it yet.

Reading this fixed my 93! … Never even knew that switch was there! But good to know it's on my 93, 95, 96, 96, and 07 imprezas not sure if on my 15 crosstrek, haven't checked it yet.
It started in the 1984 L series sedan 2wd and continued from there.
The switch exists because of the earth switched headlight setup - legally you need to be able to use the parkers when the ignition is off.

There will be others caught out in the future. You could put money on it :p

Cheers

Bennie

Back