Re Tony's Snorkel

subyroo

Car Year
Car Model
Honda HR-V VTi-S
Transmission
CVT
Does anybody have pictures of Tony's (Original Forum Admin) snorkel setup where he put the inlet into the cab?

Got another Suby owner on another forum who want s to do the Mod but doesn't want to cut holes in his mudguard either to put an exterior Snorkel on.

I seem to remember something about that very early on in the piece.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was something along the lines of connecting a piece of flexible hose (like whats on a vacume cleaner) from the air box & then sqeezing it up under where the bonnet meets the windscreen then up via the "A Pillar".
However thats about all I can remember. Whether he ever got it up & going or not, I'm not really sure.

Regards
Mr Turbo

I seem to remember something about that very early on in the piece.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was something along the lines of connecting a piece of flexible hose (like whats on a vacume cleaner) from the air box & then sqeezing it up under where the bonnet meets the windscreen then up via the "A Pillar".
However thats about all I can remember. Whether he ever got it up & going or not, I'm not really sure.

Regards
Mr Turbo

That is my recollection of the setup too Mr Turbo.
I think I have some jpg's of the setup on my PC but it is with my S-I-L in Brissy being upgraded as it died last Monday week and he has been off work sick, he only started back today.

As best as I recall, I think Tony W just disconnected the air intake from behind the headlight, so that the engine just took air from under the bonnet. He may have kept the flexible hose up to the back of the firewall for height and cooler air.

Beigewagon.

Back