Anyone use a vacuum food sealer?

idw

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Rusty nissan
Transmission
Auto
Hey everyone, as a fridge is outside my budget right now and I'm sick of all my food being wet I've been looking at a vacuum sealer. Has anyone tried one or have any recommendations. My local butcher will vacuum seal for an extra fee and i figured out if i bought one it'd pay for itself in a year.

It'd be really nice to just pick out a sealed pack for a dinner and have it actually be dry when the ice begins to melt, and not worry about cross contamination

Mate,

Cryvac'd food is the way to go. You can just about do anything from frozen casseroles and pasta to steaks/snags/chops etc. If your concern is the keeping the food from leaking everywhere, especially if you like to operate with ice (although, its great in a fridge as well) the cryvac'ing is the way to go.

Last edited:
It's on the list, should be handy for the home as well

They are great. Get some tips from someone who has one how to use properly would save a lot of frustration and disappointment. Have just got a $99 sunbeam one that suits us just fine. Saved us loads on spoilt/slushy food and has the added benefit of lengthening the shelf life.

Best regards,

Paul,

We have a 'Freshield' brand vacuum sealer. Several of us at the Vic Suby Club bought them one night when we had them as a guest one meeting night a couple of years back. It came with a 12 volt cord as well as 240, so you can reseal things it you want or need. Sorry I don't remember how much it cost.

They are a great idea to help save room, mess, and make food last longer.

Beigewagon.

A friend has one which we have used for long trips - it's great.

Paul,

We have a 'Freshield' brand vacuum sealer. Several of us at the Vic Suby Club bought them one night when we had them as a guest one meeting night a couple of years back. It came with a 12 volt cord as well as 240, so you can reseal things it you want or need. Sorry I don't remember how much it cost.

They are a great idea to help save room, mess, and make food last longer.

Beigewagon.

Pete,
you are spot on, I was at that meeting and should have bought one !! I'll look up the old club mags and see if I can find who the guest was. Presume he is one of the listed distributors on their web page.

They are great. Get some tips from someone who has one how to use properly would save a lot of frustration and disappointment. Have just got a $99 sunbeam one that suits us just fine. Saved us loads on spoilt/slushy food and has the added benefit of lengthening the shelf life.

Best regards,

$99 sounds pretty good ! I still use an esky and ice so on a longer trip my menu gets a bit bland towards the end at the moment :rotfl:

Back