Finally locked in some dates and an outback trip!

Tweaksta

Car Year
Transmission
5MT
Greetings all;

With 2 years and 3 months having passed since our last adventure, the missus and I have decided on draft route and will be off on our next adventure on the 1st of September - exploring Corner Country and Outback QLD.

The plan is to visit Paroo-Darling NP, Mutawintji NP, Cameron Corner (Sturt NP), Currawinya NP, Lake Bindegolly NP then onto Cunnamulla and Charleville before heading to the Sunshine Coast for some R&R and comfort (ie: a holiday from our holiday). The main aim of the trip is to see (and hopefully photograph) some rare birds and wildlife at the RAMSAR listed wetlands, lakes and rivers in the region. We are also thinking of dropping into Kilcowera Station for a couple of days (and a shower).

There are some real gems out there and if any of you have any suggestions of must-sees then please don't hesitate to let us know as I know many ORSers have been out to this part of Australia. We will be travelling fairly light - ie: tent camping so we'd love to hear about nice serene campsites.

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get from Cameron Corner to Innamincka? Is that the private road which is now closed?

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

Last edited:
^ Sounds great, Tweak ... :biggrin:.

Having finally got my CT tent fitted, things are starting to firm up for my Brissy trip too. Probably leave here sometime during the first week of September :).

Have a terrific trip, and a safe one, mate.

Great time of the year to be hitting the road hey Ratbag? You can smell the end of winter. Should be bliss out in red dirt country. The wildflowers are a comin'......and so are some cool migratory birds.

You have an enjoyable and SAFE one too....no need to push the speed....just enjoy the moment.

You're not kidding, mate! :ebiggrin:

After the saga of getting my tent, then fitting the flaming thing, NO WAY was I about to set off with temperatures in the minus range across western NSW ...

I'm just not that hardy (or foolhardy ... ) anymore. Bugger that. I don't want to freeze, or fry!

Like you, I'm just about champing at the bit to get on the road. Jimi has to fix some stuff, then I can think about the packing, and what needs to go through the washing machine ...

I also need to get my driving glasses fitted with my new script. I have had my reading and computer glasses done, but not quite right in my left eye - Bugger! The distance script is the same as my readers for both pairs of sunglasses (driving and general), but the bifocal part is the same as my computer glasses, not the same as my readers, if you can follow that convoluted garbage ... :iconwink:.

^ Geez, mate, if it does then I can recommend a good psychiatrist ... :poke: :biggrin: :lildevil:.

Just left a message for Jimi, but he's probably bending his elbow by now after a hard weeks work.

It's so long since I have done any camping of any description, I'm feeling a little lost about where to start! It'll work out all right in the end, I guess.

I will be staying with my brother and his wife in Brissy for 4-6 weeks, so can sort out anything there before I set out on the much longer trip home.

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get from Cameron Corner to Innamincka? Is that the private road which is now closed?

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

We just travelled through from Innamincka to Cameron's Corner at Easter towing a Cub Camper behind the Beigewagon with no problems. We took the Old Strzelecki Track via Merty Merty. No private roads or closures.

Beigewagon

Not exactly sure. I think it took about 5 hours. It was part of that days trip. We were travelling with others, stopping for pics etc as we went along.

Beigewagon

Back