Blinky the 97 SF forester

Been a little while since I've had to time (or extra $$) to do more work outfitting my forester. But theres some mods and extras in the near future so I've started my thread to keep track of it all.

heres blinky

lakeo.jpg

Rear wheel carrier is in the works atm, and repainting the roof in white plastidip. other than that I'm looking at making a rear storage system and strut lift.

Aww dam man, sorry to hear,
If you mean your timing belt is 50,000ks overdue then that’s bad bro, mine snapped on my EJ20J 30,000ks prematurely so if u want it to keep going try get that done.
Alternatively I know there’s cheap libs and EJ22’s around cause I was looking all over Australia recently so if that’s something you would be keen on trying there’s quite a bit of information on NachaLuva’s threads and my own explaining how to do the swap.
Something to consider if you have any hope left for your Foz
Otherwise good luck with your next purchase mate[emoji6]

1WD

If it snaps I'll get a new car, blinky is having a warrior's death :lildevil:

Can't be arsed with engine swaps these days to much other work to do. My old liberty did come at a good price of free though, I know the swap is simple enough just not interested anymore.

Nah fair call mate, should try sell it while it still runs bud

1WD

Nar its only worth scrap as it is. More hassle then it's worth probably just going to give it to a dealer to take when I pick up something new

Are you in Vic ?
if you become interested in parting out some things give me a yell mate.

1WD

Well folks,

Blinky is going to its final resting place, a place worse than death...the wholesale used car market.

Traded it in for a pathfinder i'll be picking up next weekend. So if anyone in vic is interested in buying a winch cradle and 4500lb winch (new never used) pm me!

Congrats on your new car mate,
Hope it’s an awesome ride.
What brand is the winch?
Any pics ?

Cheers
1WD

some ebay atv winch with synthetic rope

Bugger about the pathfinder mate!

:poke:

Seriously though, I guess you have your reasons... and will probably always have a soft spot for the subaru offroader in your heart I bet.

Cheers

Bennie

Poor Blinky, he's had a good life!

Hope the Pathy goes well & I look forward to you coming back to a Subaru :iconwink:

El_Freddo said:
Bugger about the pathfinder mate!

Kevin said:
Sad to see Blinky go!

Let us know how the Pathy goes.

Should be a good ride for a while, will be back in a suby one day, maybe as a track car...those liberty gt's do look good :lildevil:

Back