jf1sf5

Forum Member
Car Year
'97
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering if it would wake up the forum if we had a bar/pub thread where we could talk about mostly everything, what do you all think about that ?

IME, open topic forums tend not to end well.

One very major photographic site I frequent has just shut down exactly such a sub-forum and deleted it in its entirety.

Not saying that this would necessarily be the outcome here, but it is strongly suggestive.

PS: this represents my own personal view, and is not in any way meant to represent the views of the site owners.

So wake up forum with talking about stuff that has nothing to do with forum name and meaning? People talking about anything in other places . if this forum will wake up with trash talk then no thank you for me. I would avoid such place.

I tend to agree with Ratbag's thoughts on open topics.

You can talk about anything you want in "Off Topic", within forum rules of course ;-)

There is also a private "Contributor's Den" available to those who make a monetary contribution to the forum: "Your private forum where pretty much anything goes. This is not open to the public and has very minimal moderation."

My suggestions for increasing traffic & therefore conversation:
1. Encourage more "Sponsored Content" By this I mean contributors like Bridgestone, who regularly provide informative content e.g Supercheap Auto, BCF, Autobarn to name a couple of Australian businesses, whether international companies may be interested (Hello Subaru!)...?

2. An "In the news" section where news relative to the forum is encouraged - not specific to subarus though, general motoring related, camping offroad news etc..

I prefer suggestion 1 :)

I find that Bridgestone stuff to be a little bit "propaganda" so not everyone feels the same way....

well, it is.

But is quite clearly sponsored by Bridgestone, so I find I just read it with that in mind. As the forum section says:
This is the place for our Supporting Vendors to promote their business..

I agree -- if you want places like this to survive, sponsorship of ring-fenced sections is a pretty good way to do it.

And since we need to be logged in, is there still as many people following "offroadsubarus" ?

Well the bots are alive and well! :) So this means that the various search engines will find us.

We've had 456 new members join since June this year.

1576878695823.png
1576878744584.png

I don't know if any of you have ventured on to scoobynet uk but it can be a real war zone there , they talk politics and about any thing else under the sun . I don't partake in the politics on there but people can have some pretty stupid and extreme views .

I've not visited that site but there are certainly other sites that are just not nice to visit - too many immature, irresponsible trolls!

And Admin even joining in in some cases .

Back