A lot of rain in Sydney tonight

simxs

Forum Member
Crown Street in Woolloomooloo at about 11pm. Not a great photo, but check out the water level on the white Commodore parked on the right.

22262_344096776981_705701981_4959921_4520706_n.jpg

It was chaos at nearby Sir John Young Crescent near the Cahill Expressway with one car broken down and other cars stopped due to deep water and blocking traffic coming out of the the Cross City Tunnel, others trying to do 20 point turns to turn around and go back, etc. It was nice being in the Forester with its bit of extra height and four-wheel-drive, just going around everyone and driving straight through the water without drama!

A warm day that ended with a storm: https://www.smh.com.au/national/sweaty-city-cops-a-drenching-20100213-nxr4.html

Last edited:
The deepest water I was ever in was in Woolloomooloo - Bourke St I think! (near Sydney CBD for our non-Aussies) I had my Rangie at the time and I drove into water that I thought was OK because of the level on the cars parked either side of the street - once my bow wave hit them they started bobbing! Water came up to the windscreen but it managed to get through. PHEW!

Wow! thats some pretty good waters, i feel bad for the people parked out there though cause id bet atleast a couple had their cars totaled from water damage.

Woolloomooloo
now theres a name!:lol:
its not that hard to pronounce but it sure looks funny

I still think the funniest name for a place is a suburb of Perth- Innaloo. So, where were you born/live/work?

^ no doubt you're happy that you weren't born Innaloo! :lol:

I wonder if anyone who was born there (Innaloo) actually works as a plumber. :lol: :rotfl:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back