Great Subie Dealer!!!

silver

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Took my car into the Taree NSW Subaru dealer today and must say that the service i received was just fantastic. A pleasure to give these guys my money. I'll give a quick run down of how it went.
FIRST...they were open to talking about prices. Got my new rear springs fitted for $140 but for this they also checked that all was OK at the rear end and gave me the measurements for the rear discs as DBA were not positive of the size AND they also put the car on the computer to check it and gave me a report AND they also checked the alternator and confirmed that all is OK.
The mechanic was great and the service was friendly and very helpful.
I also have a card that gives me the 100,000 service for an agreed $850 for when i turn up to get it done.....probably about Feb next year as i pass through on my planned trip.
A great experience with a dealer and full marks to these people. Worth going out of your way to deal with them...:):rock::bananatoast:
As a matter of interest my car has NEVER been touched by a Subaru dealer,never tuned or whatever. Just fluid changes. 5 years and 83,500klms. Some hard and some rough driving.
The computer showed that there was no recorded 'bad' history and all was good.
He reset it to 'zero'.
I also asked if he could do anything to get me a bit more power and he told me he was very limited in what he could do and tried retarding the spark a bit to 'force' the engine to work harder but the car did not like it.
I'm not sure if that is EXACTLY what he said but it was something like that.
He also commented that he liked the new springs and the idea that they are not progressive coils.
A quick impression is that the car does not seem much different to me. The handling is not quite the same but i'll not worry about that until the front end is done next week. I certainly like the body lift though.:)
All that for $140 OFF A DEALER!!!! Bloody fantastic!!!

Back