• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Offroad Subaru Video

Indeed, differences in offroading cultures do exist. For example, air jacks are still a rarity here while HiLIft jacks rule.

Here ropes have been all the rage for half a decade+ now.

They command much higher prices than the straps. My ARB strap is one of the priciest at 60 USD, about double the regular ones, but the ropes, which are brand-name only, start at 100.

Yes, my strap is 8t but a 5t quality strap does not exist in the US market, or I have not found it in the usual places, though I have a 4.5t cheap one for light duty.

Ropes, too, jump from ATV rated to 8-9t.

How's this vid coming along?

I have a few gopro cams at my disposal and have been working on stall turns that look pretty sweet and want to do a sand dune jump.

Last edited:
Let's just put this here

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBQ-BRv73Q"]Foresting in Dutchland[/ame]

Any way to embed a youtube vid here? [yt] doesn't seem to work

^^

Great spot, we've got nothing like that here in Tassie

Yeah I did :) And here I am jealous of all those outback spots you have down there ;) We have like 6-8 4wd parks here, but no free to ride open areas, just backlanes and some dirtroads. Netherlands is pretty flat :/

I ran into Fozzie Matt a few weeks ago too. Sound like he has gotten very busy with work, and life in general these days.

Beigewagon.

Another idea for the film?

I was thinking of starting a blog detailing my and my Subie's journey from city boy with bog standard car to off road meister and his machine. (assuming that I have a modicum of off road skills!), this could be incorporated into the film.

It would add a story thread to the film - I would be keen to help with the script - for my love job I am a freelance journalist for a science magazine. Below is a link to the science magazine I write for.

https://www.sciencewa.net.au/aboutus/our-team/itemlist/user/786-stanwilson

What do you think?

My video

My son-in-law is an off roader (but not in a foz unfortunately though he now has a lot of respect for them) He accompanied me on my first off road excursion to Bribie Island beach and put a short film together as a gift for me. I'd upload it for you but can't figure out how. We used go pros and an iPhone. He has software to put it all together. I'm sure there are any number of folk who could supply footage. All it takes is a creative person (unlike me) to stitch it all together. Can someone tell me how to submit an MP4 file????

im making that just with android video editing. just for cutting in needed using Power Director Pro. but if video is ok as it is just upload it to your yuotube channel from phone. i did with pc video editing soft too but found that i no need nothing more then my phone app give me allready. multiple layers, multiple windows, pics, sound and such. slow mo all could be done just from phone.
from go pro upload to pc or if its on sd card just put sd card to pc and edit it as you need. very simple .then upload to youtube

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cvyehHf8w"]Subaru outback offroad mud - YouTube[/ame]

yeh because i went to left side where noone tried. and i did it from top so i turned to left went forward and car started to sink it was too late to back up. even today that left side is soft under . its frozen now on top just but water runs way back down. with that soft mud its no problem there to drive even with those large mud pits.as i was inside car i did heard that car is botoming to exhaust allready but nothing too serious to drive out. until you sink that is and you sit on hard surface on middle car.

Is this video anything like what you had in mind? If the file path has not uploaded, go to https://youtu.be/atrvGhyJXrM

Ha! That was awesome! Did your grandkids do the editing?
As someone who's been around computers & the internet since before the <blink> tag was invented it never ceases to amaze me how quickly things have come on.

Back