HI-FLO air filter for N/A engine.

ssideup

Forum Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have fitted a Hi-Flo air filter to a 2.5 N/A engine and noticed any difference in performance / economy etc.

Thanks

Simon.

I felt the car was absolutely more powerful and more economical when I first installed the K&N one. It has been couples of months now, the fuel efficiency becomes my usual figure, but definitely I can feel the car runs more powerful (especially when crap fuel is put in) ;)

I've heard removing the resonator improves responsiveness - and it gets a little noisier, not that'd you'll complain as it'll just be the intake noise...

The biggest intake improvement that really makes a difference was the fitment of a supercharger from "raptor" I think they were, do a net search - more money than I'd want to spend but some might think otherwise.

Cheers

Bennie

K&N here, didn't really make much of a difference. I didn't buy it for performance reasons, more because I could clean and re oil it often if need be.

Don't over oil - otherwise you'll coat your AFM with oil and your subi will run like crap.

Bennie

WR-secret weapon cai(map)/ Perrin foam filter(maf)/ K&N

I've tried several designs and there is a huge difference in power and response.

Stock '03 2.5l n/a with a K&N ok but not much difference other than better filtering capablity.

Stock 2.5l n/a with K&N and silencer delete , added dryer ducting from airbox to air inlet hole in the side of fender. abit more peppy and noise.

Stock 2.5L n/a with Weapon R secret weapon cai using foam filter .
WRsecretweapon.jpg

Instant throttle response...and loud and wot...:twisted:
The bloke with a Honda & fart can shats himself when you blast by...:lol:

Ideally the later works best with a Header and a 2.25"catback exhuast
I have a borla and magnaflow muffler as above.

It sounds more like a rallycar @ wot and nice low rumble when cruising...]

Now my other setup is an 2.2l with a maf air box delete . I used a Perrin foam filter great response and power.. abit loud @ wot. , quiet whilst cruising..

I find that foam filters better overall and lasts longer without power loss over time. They are much easier to clean and oil.

For dusty conditions I use a K& N Precharger wrap it even sheds water abit.
There is slight bit of power loss when using the precharger but better for your engine less maintaince and you don't have to clean your air filter asap after....

Last edited:
Back