founts

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester 2.5i-L Special Edition
Transmission
CVT
Hey Guys just wanting to pick your brains,

My MY10 Forester is up for a new set of tyres and I've done a bit of hunting around to see what's available besides a new set of Bridgestone.

Anyway, has anyone used either of the following?
Good Year EfficientGrip SUV - Highway
Michelin Latitude Cross - All Terrain

I was originally set on getting the Michelin as it promises the best of on and off road performance, but I can't find any credible reviews from.owners who have them.

The Good Years have come about as a friend of mine owns a Good Year centre and can do an amazing deal on them, but the EfficientGrip has very little off road ability.

I'm open to suggestions for replacements but will be keeping the standard 215 65 16 size.

Any opinion would be great,

Cheers

Why wouldn't you get the Yokohama ATS in that size. Excellent on / off road and very quiet. I also run them in the snow to the lodge at Buller very good in the snow and excellent wet grip.

Where will you be using them? gravel roads, snow, a bit of offroad, sand?

If you want mild offroad ability combined with a stronger tyre but without going too aggressive, the Yokohama Geolandar HTS G051 isnt too bad. The Yokohama Geolandar ATS G012 would be my choice for a good combination tyre. Good grip onroad even when wet & is surprisingly capable offroad. Great for sand, snow & dirt. It even goes pretty well on slippery clay

Hey thanks for the opinions, typically 90% of my driving is on road, mainly freeways and C roads. That's why I am looking at the Good Years.

I usually always replace tyres with Michelin but they don't have the XM2 in a size to suit the forester. Only the Latitude Cross.

I might have to invest in a set of ATs for the spare steeling I have in the shed.

Back