Sidesteps Running boards

Really depends on which ones you are looking at. There are some pretty thin ones, and others that are really chunky. All will reduce your ground clearance, some quite considerably. Personally, I'd rather have the ground clearance, and just open the door to access the roof. If you want stone protection, fit mud flaps.

Gidday Lucas

:welcome: to the ORS forum, mate.

Helps if you put where you are in your user profile ... :poke: :iconwink:.

I agree with SJ. They can be useful if you have little kids, like a friend of mine with his Suzuki Grand Vitara, otherwise a waste of ground clearance, and likely to be torn off if you hang up in the middle ... damaging your car in the process :madred: :yell: :furious:

Personally, I'd rather have the ground clearance, and just open the door to access the roof.
I'm with you sjm & Ratbag.
Call me greedy if you like, but I'd rather have the ground clearance :twisted:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Gidday Lucas

:welcome: to the ORS forum, mate.

Helps if you put where you are in your user profile ... :poke: :iconwink:.

I agree with SJ. They can be useful if you have little kids, like a friend of mine with his Suzuki Grand Vitara, otherwise a waste of ground clearance, and likely to be torn off if you hang up in the middle ... damaging your car in the process :madred: :yell: :furious:

Thanks - profile fixed up...

Seems the clearance loss is not worth the convenience they give. I was looking at these ones
https://tinyurl.com/afw2n9g

Side steps are a good idea if you have little kids or your not worried about the ground clearance. They would also double as rocker sliders that way if your doin any rock crawling stuff you don't crush your rockers. Personally, since I don't have kids I am stayin away from them and I got a Suzuki samurai to play in the rocks with!!!!!!

I'm about to get some not to be used as a step but to be used as the ultimate mud/spray deflectors.

346qoup.jpg

No matter how low my Rally Armour mud flaps are the sides of the car still gets covered in sh1t!

:)

Back