WRC Rally Sweden

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
Did anyone else manage to see some of the action of Rally Sweden? What a brilliant rally- the best I have seen in years. 5 cars in with a realistic chance going into the last day, a sensational new find in Mads Ostberg, thrilling action as everyone came to terms with the new cars. I can only hope the rest of the year is as good, because if it is, WRC is back in a big way. I would have liked to have seen my favourite driver Petter Solberg win, but well done to Hirvonen on a brilliant victory, and also to Ostberg, whose performance was probably even better all things considered.

A couple of years ago I asked Chris Atkinson about Sebastian Loeb, and I got the impression that as brilliant as Loeb was, he certainly had the best car. Maybe the car superiority he once had is not as great now. It was bad for the sport for him to always win- now, well if Sweden is any guide, it could be a great year for the WRC. Let's hope so

One of the amazing aspects of this rally was that because Petter was busted for speeding, his navigator had to drive the last stage- and he'd never driven a world rally car before. Pity you don't get WRC. With the popularity of Ken Block (even though he's off the pace) you'd think there would be coverage.

We have no WRC coverage in the US.:mad::sadbanana:Not that I'm aware of anyway, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Rally Sweden is always one of the best.:)
Discovery HD Theater has a little wrc coverage, I can't find any evidence of this on their website but I swear I have some on my DVR.

Back