Where are the forumers ?

I installed the new struts and springs in the rear yesterday and bookmarked this evening to do the front. But I've had a big dinner and pannacotta for dessert and it's getting mighty hard to get off the couch...

^ What amazes me is that it will take a photo at ISO 25,600.

What amazes me even further is that said photo is printable at A4 size at an image quality that's perfectly adequate for happy snaps! I did the experiment yesterday ... That was using the out of camera jpeg, not even the raw file ...

The 5 axis in body image stabilisation is staggeringly effective.

Olympus E-M1 (black body) with 12-50 lens. It will also AF all my existing high grade lenses ... :ebiggrin: :cool:.

excellent choice. I've been rocking an EM5 since 2012 when it first came out.
Got the 12-50, 50-150, 75-300, Pana 20mm f1.7 pancake, Pana Leica 25mm (my favourite) , 45mm f1.8, Samyang 7.5 fisheye.
Looking at the 12-40 Pro for the next purchase.

HOw is the autofocus with the adapted 4/3 lenses?
I used to have the MMF3 and 4/3 35mm macro but the focus was so slow I sold them both.

Gidday Lefty

Olympus E-M1 (black body) with 12-50 lens. It will also AF all my existing high grade lenses ... :ebiggrin: :cool:.

excellent choice. I've been rocking an EM5 since 2012 when it first came out.
Got the 12-50, 50-150, 75-300, Pana 20mm f1.7 pancake, Pana Leica 25mm (my favourite) , 45mm f1.8, Samyang 7.5 fisheye.
Looking at the 12-40 Pro for the next purchase.

My brother has the E-M1 and f2.8 12-40, f2.8 40-150 and f2.8 60 macro. He reckons they're are all brilliant.

HOw is the autofocus with the adapted 4/3 lenses?

Nearly as fast as the 12-50, but more accurate. I haven't upgraded the firmware yet. I expect the AF speed to increase dramatically with the firmware upgrade. Lots of reviews and users state that it does. I have 3 high grade lenses and 2 super high grade, plus a whole lot of other gear.

The resolution and IQ of these better lenses just improves a lot comparing the E-M1 IQ to the E-30.

I used to have the MMF3 and 4/3 35mm macro but the focus was so slow I sold them both.

The E-M5 doesn't have the PDAF system on the sensor the way the E-M1 has. That makes AF for the Four Thirds lenses far less capable on the E-M5 MkI and MkII - i.e. slow as a dog.

I've been busy with work, gearbox stuff (don't get me started!) and I've also been looking at other forums while keeping up appearances on other regular forums...

This is what I've been playing with (and trying to drive when it's not at my parent's)

aZEELX.jpg

Now about to go finish off the cruise and look at swapping the front seats to something better from the small selection I've got in the cars around here...

Cheers

Bennie

You'll have to be careful with that bullbar, police are cracking down on the 5 poster plus it will probably void your insurance :(

Not meaning to take over the thread, just replying to these:

You'll have to be careful with that bullbar, police are cracking down on the 5 poster plus it will probably void your insurance :(

Nah not where I'm from. Cop pulled Mum over already, he didn't care about the bar. Insurance likes it due to the possibility of roo strikes :D

targa top brumby looks awesome

Thanks mate. This is the second one in the family.

Get rid of the silly bullbar, go the standard bumper, white wheels and dump the car :p
can't beat the stock look

I know you're just jealous mate. Your statement is a bit of an oxymoron though! How is a dumped car go with the "stock look"??

Cheers

Bennie

Back