New Suzuki Jimny

Here's a short review after a short driving test....15 minutes ! First, it looks really nice in real life, the front seats are comfortable and the rear are a little short but without changing the drivers seat position I still could take place behind it (185cm). I did the test drive in a sub-urban area and could not go faster than 60km/h. The suspension hops on the irregularities but is still quite comfortable, not as harsh as the 2nd gen Samouraï ! The trunk is very small but you cant have a short 4 seater and a huge trunk in 3.65 m....

Verdict : Its my next car....in a few years when my daughters will fly (drive !) by their own !

Sounds like a plan!

Not a long-distance vehicle for sure, but so convenient for European towns, not just trails.

Last edited:
problem in here that previous gen jimnys from 2005 cost about same or more then pajero 3 or even 4th gen . and you can get 3 door small pajero 3 which would cost like half of jimny. and those new ones cost a lot. they not cheap cars anyway

Do you mean that in Lithuania a new Pajero is the same price as a new Jimny ?

I tested the 1.5 engine, the only one available outside Japan, in the top spec version.

For the swiss market, we will get 3 options :

https://www.suzukiautomobile.ch/fileadmin/media/pdf/cars/pricelists/Pricing_Jimny.fr.pdf

And here is an italian review :

https://youtu.be/ytTUqr7fvmk

Quattroruote for the win. Now, this is a professional review. :thumbsup:

So, exactly as anticipated. Great toy for European realities. So yesterday in so many ways but the right package. Hope it is reasonably priced.

Here, one could tow it to the area of interest and then use it there. People do that with UTVs but the Jimny, being a real vehicle, would not have to endure the UTV traffic limitations (and I still do not get where is the fun of being all covered in dust). It would also be ideal for towing behind a motorhome instead of a Wrangler.

If it can pass the regulations here and if it can be sold for under 20k with all the limited conveniences it seems to offer, it could be a hit, basically play the role that the very base Wrangler models once did.

195 wide tires! I had forgotten such exist!

I like it. I like vehicles that have a niche of their own, and the old Samurai/ new Jimny fit the bill. There is no competition; it is either what you really want or what you really should not get.

but why small cars cant be cheaper too ?
not sure about prices of new jimnys , they not here yet i think but i mean older jimny and compare what you can get for that price. they should be just cheaper . and they not for some stupid reason.
then again all depends maybe who will drive it . taller person might have problems, as russian review guy said he got pain in back just after couple hrs driving it. i mean stuff like that matters a lot . i could live in my subaru seat for hrs without problem. and then come corosion from salt and stuff. if its doesnt have almost any sound isolation maybe its not protected at all from those bad things either. for dry not salty countries ir might be ok this car .

It is 22,500 Euro in Italy, which should be inclusive of all taxes. It is a single trim, with all options included.Considering that I think the Italian tax is 22%, the final price is not that bad. In the US, it would probably be just under 20,000, which would be the sweet spot.

In the US prices are tricky though what you see usually ends up being about what you pay. On the one hand, the listed price is usually the manufacturer suggested price. Then there is invoice, which is theoretically what the dealer had paid for the car (which is actually less). So, the goal for good value brands is to be as close to invoice as possible, like for Subaru or Toyota. For others, under invoice. Then, on the other hand, these prices do not include taxes or dealership fees. Most state taxes here are under 10%. Interestingly enough, it all balances out at the end, so a car with 20,000 msrp is probably purchased for 18,000 and then taxes etc still make it 20,000.

Cars that have high resale values, like special edition 4Runners can sell at 5,000 over MSRP and then add tax on top. So a 4Runner Pro may cost you 10,000 on top of the list price you see. Conversely, cars that have bad values can cost you like 5,000 less than what you see, even after accounting for taxes.

1970 ti 2019

a7SO0pbh.jpg

its nice that we all can at least test new jimny in spintires mudrunner game. its just best off road game out there. and they got model pretty good. its not best quality models that you can get there but its pretty good. and its so light that i wasnt even needed lockers on it.
675010_20180906143003_1_ModLandNet.png

675010_20180906143112_1_ModLandNet.png

Body kit turns jimny into little defender
suzuki-jimny-body-kit-land-rover-defender-01.jpg

Or little G
01-2.jpg

Back