• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Barrington Tops

Brendon

Forum Member
Went camping up Barrington Tops about a month ago, before all the snow, was still 0 deg cel all night and only got 4deg during the day. I was with a 60 series landcruiser and range rover, so I just let them go through all the creek crossings first to see how deep it was, everyone was pretty impressed with how capable the forester is. Didn't get any action shots unfortunately apart from a small creek crossing we had to cross to get to our camp spot taken on the camera phone.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RhqxSR1-mQ"]Forester creek crossing - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• barrinton trip1.jpg
    barrinton trip1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 42
  • barringtontrip2.jpg
    barringtontrip2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 44
  • barringtotrip3.jpg
    barringtotrip3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
some were shut off, but we still managed to find some good tracks, could spend a whole week up there exploring.

I went camping there in late Oct 06 & stayed at Polblue Creek camping grounds. Beautiful scenic area, bit with sub zero temps overnight & only 2 deg C by 8am the next morning.......:eek:

So yes, I was once bitten & twice shy.

Regards
Mr Turbo

I love the Barringtons. That crossing is on the Thunderbolts Track isn't it.

I'll be heading up there again once they open up the Brrington trail back up down to Junction Pools.

I went camping there in late Oct 06 & stayed at Polblue Creek camping grounds. Beautiful scenic area, bit with sub zero temps overnight & only 2 deg C by 8am the next morning.......:eek:

So yes, I was once bitten & twice shy.

Regards
Mr Turbo
and if i recall corectly you were organizing a trip to go back?:iconwink:

and if i recall corectly you were organizing a trip to go back?:iconwink:

You have a good memory eden. I would like to run a trip up that way, but
I'll wait for a while & let it warm up a bit first.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back