• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Tathra fishing.

Gotta be something about the Zman lures. All my bigger fish have been caught on Zman MinnowZ 3" with the MudMinnow being the best catcher to date.
Yesterday I got an 80cm one walking the shallows near Tathra Bridge and the day before I lost a monster..i reckon it was the 1mtr one I have been after.
After it hit the lure and I struck...it came to the surface under the drag and shook it's head about....my bloody jaw dropped!! It was bloody huge!!
That got the ticker up a few beats and I had it one for a couple of minutes but it spat the lure. Oh well....at least I know there is one still left after the Xmas holidays.
Anyway,i'm mighty impressed with the Zmans and they seem to last forever...I reckon the one I have on now I have caught at least twenty fish on it....5 in the last two sessions, and will be using it tomorrow when I put the boat in.

The one that got away? They get bigger every year :lol:

Keep at it, I have no doubt the way you're going you'll hit the magic metre :monkeydance:

Silver... the one metre one you have been after... have you named it yet? You don't have a picture of it, surely a flatty of that size should be worthy of a name :)

Best regards,

Silver... the one metre one you have been after... have you named it yet? You don't have a picture of it, surely a flatty of that size should be worthy of a name :)

It'll be a very old female...how bout Grandma Flattie, Nanna Flattie or just Nan :biggrin:

I like the idea of giving it a name.
What about Elizabeth...as in Lizzie....as in Lizard , which is what fishos call flathead ?
Went out today and got a couple for the pan...but some people just p.ss me off!!!!:furious::yell::catfight::confused:
A bloke in a kayak was busy cleaning a couple of fish..one must have been well over 70cm. All year we through these fish back and they are full of roe at the moment, but these buggers just have to kill everything they catch.
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Back