Barra

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Brumby
Transmission
4 speed manual
Hi Guys and Gals,

Have replaced front axles and CV joints, tie rod ends, ball joints went for a ride and went turn right there was a funny noise I could only guess as the left hand side wheel bearing (who knows what else it could be).

When I was staring the CV joints I tried to take off the steering knuckle but it wouldn't budge, so now I am faced with a wheel bearing change can I somehow change the bearings with the steering knuckles in place or is it was better to remove the knuckle?

Any tips either way including how to remove the knuckle would be appreciated. Happy to be directed to existing posts. :)

Looking forward to your expertise once again.

Barra

Thanks Tuckerbag,

I can get the tierods out and the ball joints and the brake callipers and rotors, just can't get the steering knuckle to come of the suspension thingy.

Any other tips greatly fully received.

You mean the torsion bar? Wd40, heat and hammer. I dont know if you have to take the whole torsion bar out but mark it before you do anything. Cheers.

No, the steering knuckle (has the bearings in it and the axle goes though it to the disc rotor) from the suspension unit (the dangly bit with the big spring on it). Sorry for the lack of technical description.

the shock unit and the steering knuckle? did you undo the bolt? spray wd40 then give it some light taps. use something to open up the gap then pull the shock out or tap the knuckle down. cheers.

Awesome, both knuckles now off.
I'll either tap the bearings out or take them to a workshop locally.
:)

Tap them out, it's not hard to do.

Just make sure you're tapping out from te opposite side as there's a ridge in the middle between the two bearings if I remember correctly.

Cheers

Bennie

Back