Rally's MY04 Forrie- Poverty Pack special

Purchased second hand. Rear diff and instrument cluster replaced under warranty. First change was to fit CB UHF GME radio. Car has externally mounted windscreen aerial bracket. Just purchased set of new KYB shock absorbers- the originals have had it- will install when they arrive. Next step is to replace standard steel rims with MY99 WRX rims. Then sump guard and driving lights.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

WatagansOctober2010b.jpg

WatagansOctober2010a.jpg

WatagansOctober2010.jpg

Last edited:
I was fortunate to come across a complete Hi-Tech exhaust system which was almost brand new. And I got it very cheap. I really like this brand of exhaust. have a Hi-tech muffler on my WRX, and I reckon it sounds brilliant. To have it on the forrie would be a great improvement over the existing system, which doesn't sound that great. While I couldn't use the dump pipe- the exhaust was off an Impreza, everything else was usable.

The exhaust sounds a hundred times better now, but it doesn't end there. Whereas previously the engine would have nothing over 4600RPM, now it revs out at least another 1,500 revs- a huge improvement. More revs means more power, and it is certainly noticeable. How much more power it has is hard to say. But it just goes so much better now that it no longer has a diesel like rev range.

Sounds good!

Pun intended ;)

Cheers

Bennie

I have now removed the rear diff and axles and they are being prepared for the new diff locker, which is on order. The next few weeks will indeed be quite exciting, because by then I will know whether or not this will work. In the meantime, the rack has developed a leak. i bought an exchange rack and the unpleasant task of re-fitting it awaits me.

Some photos of the R180 and GD rear crossmember upgrade. The R180 upgrade meant twin piston rear callipers and ventilated discs on the rear.

Checking the R180 housing out to see if the locker will fit

Stage 2 of Project Diff Lock was to upgrade the gearbox and to change the diff ratio to match the rear- 4.44. All gears in the box, including the low range gears and even the crown wheel of the front diff, were shot peened

Sweet stuff ! (I finally can see the pics)

Front helical, DCCD center and rear locker :lildevil:

What is the basis/donor or whatever for the rear locker ? Or has it been built just for you ?

It’s a Harrop e-locker diff centre.

Our recent trips off road with the car was with the interim R180 helical rear diff. We discovered that while the plated R160 had it’s limitations, it works better off road than the factory helical R180.

Which Elocker part number ?

A11120 or A11250 ? Are the 27 splines compatible with the r180 27 splines axles ?

I think it should work out...you will have to build some more and sell them !

Not sure about the part number. The Subaru axles fit into the diff centre. Main problem is axle retention and possibly length.

Work has now begun of getting the e-locker into the rear diff centre. As you can see, we now have been able t do this. Next step is getting the axles to fit properly.

Nice !

Is the crown a direct swap without mods ?

You had to use the grinder to take some metal off of the housing only to make the locker fit ?

Will you mahine some grooves in the diff splines to fit the axles, like oem ?

Nice work Rally!

So what's the flat metal plate connected to? I'm guessing it's just floating since it's the electromagnetic plate stopper.

I hope you get a solution sorted for the driveshafts. Always the biggest hurdle.

Cheers

Bennie

Back