• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Where did you mount your UHF?

You could use a remote head unit - GME have them; the connection lead may not be long enough to go around the windscreen.

That's a possibility.. I'm thinking now underneath my headunit and filling the empty gap..

I had a single din uhf under my headunit. now i have a hole because my oricom uhf **** itself.

Was that a result of its location? Or because it.. Shat it's self?

Simply the unit died...funny that it did a month over the factory warranty period, but that's probably just bad luck more than anything

Thread dig because it’s relevant.

SG foz. Yet to hook up antenna and power. Both will be easy to run up the A pillar, power on driver’s side, antenna cable up the passenger’s side. Antenna mounted on front left guard with a Z bracket.

YKQzPm.jpg

Tidy, out of the way and generally ppl wanting to thieve things don’t tend to look up. I went this way as it works mint in Ruby Scoo - but that application is much more agricultural looking.

The above unit is mounted using an angled bracket screwed into the small roof console. If this fails over time I’ll move to a bit and bolt arrangement rather than screws, but I reckon it’ll be all good!

The uhf effects the maps lights a tiny amount, not enough for us to be worried about it though.

Cheers

Bennie

Also very easy to slip any cables behind the front lip on the ceiling near the windscreen (I've got rear camera cables up there - in both cars)

Thread dig because it’s relevant.

SG foz. Yet to hook up antenna and power. Both will be easy to run up the A pillar, power on driver’s side, antenna cable up the passenger’s side. Antenna mounted on front left guard with a Z bracket.

YKQzPm.jpg

Tidy, out of the way and generally ppl wanting to thieve things don’t tend to look up. I went this way as it works mint in Ruby Scoo - but that application is much more agricultural looking.

The above unit is mounted using an angled bracket screwed into the small roof console. If this fails over time I’ll move to a bit and bolt arrangement rather than screws, but I reckon it’ll be all good!

The uhf effects the maps lights a tiny amount, not enough for us to be worried about it though.

Cheers

Bennie

Do you use the large sunnies pocket? I always thought about removing that plastic lid and mounting the unit there...

Finally worked up the energy to tidy up my installation.
LFK160oh.jpg

Using magnets to replace the cut out latch. Have yet to test it over really bumpy terrain, but I reckon it should hold.
Never really use the top pocket much, but we can if we want to.

Do you use the large sunnies pocket? I always thought about removing that plastic lid and mounting the unit there...

Dunno mate, it’s my MIL’s car. Nothing in that pocket yet - been on the frog and toad since April.

@Ben Up North - looks SUPER NEAT mate! My only gripe being that it’s red. Grey to blend in would suit my thoughts/tastes better. Have you thought about overheating as a potential issue with the rear heat sink mostly covered?

Cheers

Bennie

Have you thought about overheating as a potential issue with the rear heat sink mostly covered?
Not really, lots of space in that pocket, and it doesn't seal around the unit - you can see the cooling fins in that picture. :)
I do need to do some work on the magnet arrangement, it lifts the lid up a bit, would like it to be a bit more discreet, but you can't see it when the dashboard carpet is on it. thinking of putting a little band or something over the top of radio so it lifts the carpet off it a bit, not that it muffles it that much.

Back