• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

NSW: Nine Mile Beach

blak

Forum Member
Had my first go on the beach yesterday and the Foz didn't miss a beat.
The beach that I drove on is here - https://beachsafe.org.au/beach/nsw250
I used the Awabakal Road entrance at Blacksmiths to get on and off the beach.

Apparently this is some of the softest sand driving in NSW. I deflated to 12 psi in all four tyres. Only specific change I did to the car was to remove the under body engine and transmission splash guards. The recovery gear I had on board was a snatch strap, equaliser strap, rated bow shackles and a set of 'TREDS'. Thankfully did not need to use any of it.

The Foz could definitely do with some more height. This beach sees heaps of action from Landcruisers and the like, so the sand ruts can be really deep.

1920594_10152401745606756_1156788614_n.jpg

Good stuff!

Best feeling making it onto a beach you've never been onto before and doubted you could do! I remember a fishing trip I did with a mate down south of Perth, 12 at night, and the whole trip hinged on my car making it down to the beach! Let tyres down to 8PSI (didn't have a tyre gauge) with the underneath scraping along on the ruts, but it was great fun! Found an awesome camping spot and got out alright in the morning.

Best thing I did to my foz was have new raised shocks and springs put in, giving me some more height!

Good to see your taking a stock forry on the beach! They are light and have plenty of power for their weight, so go a lot better on sand than most people think, the only real problem is the ground clearance when following the ruts dug out by others. But I love the looks I get from the modded "real 4wds" when I cruise past them in my stock forester, better still is when they are bogged and I am not.

I've driven on that beach quite a few times before, but always entered from Belmont North. I didn't know you could also get on a Blacksmiths!

Good fun but as you say quite soft in parts. Enjoy!

I've driven on that beach quite a few times before, but always entered from Belmont North. I didn't know you could also get on a Blacksmiths!

Yeah there is actually 3 entrances.
1. Awabakal Rd (south of Belmont Golf Club)
2. Ocean Park Rd (north of Belmont Golf Club)
3. Kalaroo Rd (Belmont North / Jewells)

The Awabakal Rd entrance is probably the easiest, as the Council have installed timber slats on the big dune between the carpark and the beach.

Jumped on via the Kalaroo Rd entrance the other weekend and let the kids have a splash around in the creek. Such a lovely spot.

10152382_10152416493736756_454103891_n.jpg

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I love this beach. Been there so many times. There are some great tracks behind the dunes. Bit of mud for good measure!

But enjoy it while you can. They've been talking about closing or heavily restricting 4WD access to the beach for a number of years now due to high rates of rubbish being dumped (usually close to the entrances), rubbish on the beach from camping and also stolen cars being dumped.

Back