subaru BRZ Gt300

I think I passed the toyota version of this in melbs last sunday - it oozed speed and looked pretty awesome, sounded good too - a bit different hearing the boxer rumble from a toyota!

Subaru sold all the available BRZ units in Australia in just over 3 hours from memory - they were sold online, apparently a new record in oz! And I'm not sure if any company has done such a large scale online sale before!

Cheers

Bennie

A couple guys on the RS25.com forum have the BRZ and love it so far. One of them has already done a track day in his and said it handles about the same as his old S2000, but with a tad more control/less power. He is planning for a supercharger kit in the future ;)

Saw the Scion (Toyota) one a few weeks ago, certainly a sweet looking car.:cool:

Toyota have tagged it as the "86" over here. I believe it is a throwback / reference to the older Celica sports car.

I too saw the Toyota version a couple of weeks ago - looks good!

Saw the Toyota FT-86 version while on a trip to Switzerland. Certainly looked nice. But I can't help but feel that a WRX or STI with 5 doors instead of 3 would be more useful as a daily driver that can pull track duty as well. In other words, the BRZ would be an awesome second (or third) car.

I have had a look over the Toyota version and i really liked it. A touch 'plasticky' inside and on the road for roughly $34,000 for the GT version. I have not seen the BRZ yet but that's the way i would go.
Best looking Toyota i have seen.
Stock i think Subaru quoted 7.4 secs to 100kph which is not bad really.
Apparently Subie are going to bring out an STI version but not a turbo yet.
I cannot for the life of me think that Subie WON"T do a limited run of hotted up turbo. Now that would be cool!!:monkeydance:
I reckon i would like one in the garage for a bit of fun.

will be hard to turbo apparently due to the high compression of the engine.
i think it would actually surprised me if DO make a turbo version or a STI version, i think subaru would be afraid that it would take the attention away from its leadership sports car the, WRX, which is set to see a new version is a couple of years.
so i see it unlikely they will bring out a turbo brz to take focus away from the wrx

I was just guessing about the turbo but the Toyota bloke told me Subie WAS going to do an STI version.
The Toyota does come in a GT and a GTS but i think mechanically they are the same. Maybe the STI one is equal to the GTS. I think he quoted about $42,000 for the GTS.
Once the sale bonanza dies down in a year or so i can still see a hot rod version. They certainly would be silly to flag a hottie when they are selling like hot cakes.

im not saying it wont happen, especially for toyota i can see them bringing out a hot version, but would make sense for subaru to do also- once again im not saying that they wont.
the gt and gts are basically the same except the usual stuff such as alloy's etc

From what ive read the STI version will just be lightened a bit more and will have an engine tune to push ~30-40kw more out of it.

Well that would still be cool considering they are claiming 7.4 or 7.5 secs 0 to 100 as standard. That would have to push it into mid 6ers i reckon.
If they have the balance right it would have to be a fun car.:ebiggrin:

I took a BRZ for a test drive a week or so ago. It was the most fun I have had driving for a very long time in fact probably ever! It was probably only for about 20 minutes but plenty of twisty roads and since the sales fellow was a bit busy at the time he let me take it by myself! This was good for extra fun and and I could stop and take a few photos. It helps that I have bought a number of vehicles from the dealership over the years...

Anyway, I have read that the BRZ could do with more power. That must be on the basis that any vehicle could do with more power. Just like a go kart feels fast at 30 or 40 km/h this felt like it had more than enough power and it felt like I was flying along. It was like a high powered go kart and I would recommend a drive to anyone. It is a long way down to the seat but once in the fun begins. In fact it was quite fun looking at it as well!

BRZ_zps4hs5rmyq.jpg

Back