Pigeon River State Forest, Montmorency county, MI US

Hondaslayer

Super Moderator
These are a few pics from our camping trip up in Montmorency County, near Atlanta (Michigan, about 4 hrs north of detroit) The elk capitol of Michigan.

The Outback getting to our rustic site

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

My son, being dumb (Stitch)
IMG_1575.jpg

campsite

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1587-1.jpg

View from our site, Round lake. Took me 4 days to find out there are literally no fish in the lake (not stocked)

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

The wife and kids (and myself)
IMG_1616.jpg

A morning visitor
IMG_1611.jpg

After that trip the Outback received a pair of Hella 500's, a new front bumper, 2in of lift and a trailer hitch to haul our new (to us) tent trailer.

Nice shots, I hope your dogs did not find the visitor first. Porcupines are slow because they don't need to move if they don't want to. I had a dog get quilled and it's no fun for anyone :(

Same porcupine, I shooed him away before the dogs saw him (they did hear him first though)

As for the lift, SG struts and springs. I'm 1/2 way done with the lift, just need to do the rears.

Looks as though you had a great time.:)
Sounds like a great place to go camping.:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Looks like a great trip, looking at the state of your car I reckon you had a lot of fun getting into the camping spot!

Getting back to the site was not too bad, getting back to where the Elk were was a bit more difficult. We ended up back on a 2 track hiking trail, I swear I pulled half the forest out of my roof rack :lol:

Back