Sump guard test fitting - South East Melbourne

Subaru Man

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
CVT
Hi everyone. A number of people have recommended David Wilson's bash plates to me and after a number of discussions with David the only problem we have is that he hasn't fitted a bash plate to a current model SJ Forester. I am hoping that an SJ owner in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne might be interested in potentially looking at a bash plate for themselves or at the very least be willing to see if the bash plate fits their SJ Forester... I believe that the SH might be the same underneath but perhaps someone can confirm this.

Anyway, if anyone is interested or able to help that would be much appreciated. Please pm me and I will give you David's contact details as we both agree that this would help in this particular situation and in future for other SJ drivers! David is part of the Subaru 4WD Club of Victoria. Thanks for any help.

PM sent - also does anyone else know how to contact David Wilson?

Thanks, have contacted David also. I've just bought my first Subie and intend to use it camping in the High Country - found a nice 10/2013 build diesel Outback at Bairnsdale - Nigel assured me it was a good one and delivered it to Melbourne! Reading these pages, have decided to do a body lift courtesy of NachaLuva (thanks Matt!). David had just designed a sump guard for a 5 day old 2017 Outback and found it also fitted mine.... he made some steel brackets for the front cross member and attached those with threaded "pops" and the rear end was secured to the existing bracket by welding on some M8 nuts - a perfect job!
Front View (ignore cobwebs!):

P1060724_zpspguag6pt.jpg

Rear Right - shows attachment to rear bracket:

P1060723_zpsrnugbmk0.jpg

Rear Left:

P1060722_zpsoh0r9zwg.jpg

Next project is to install the 2" lift kit from Matt - hope to do a photographic essay along the way!

Nice !

Is it the gearbox sump I see further ? Might be good to protect that one too if you go for more "serious" off road.

That look really good! :cool:

I agree with jf1sf5, might be an idea to talk to David & ask if he has anything to cover the CVT sump, those are very expensive!

David has now done a CVT guard for my SJ Forester. Excellent workmanship and very happy with the result and extra protection!

Back