Motorkhana 19th August 2018

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
This Sunday I will be competing in another motorkhana. This Sunday is of added significance as it will be 2 years to the day since major heart surgery. How incredible it is that I will be healthy enough to be able to do this. Passengers are welcome (fear not, my cardiologist says I am fine to do this) and entry to Sydney Motorsport Park is free. No, I won’t be competing in the Forrie

I had a DNS today. Alex was on his way to my place when I discovered the car wouldn't start. Tried a few times, without luck. The security system had decided no one was driving the car today. So we jumped in the Forrie and went anyway, just to spectate. Then I was asked my one of the drivers if I could help him navigate. Clearly he was unaware of just how bad I am at navigation, and even when I told him he still wanted me to jump in. So I jumped in. Besides, who doesn't want to be in a new STI on a skidpan?

Alex was then asked if he wanted to a run as a passenger, and I think he went in 2 different cars. I was still trying to help the guy in the STI getting his handbrake turns and everything sorted. It was pleasing to see each time he went out, he improved on the time before. You either have it or you don't. and if you don't some people pick it up relatively easily and some never do. Some just have to work at it, and this is the case for him.

On the way out of the circuit, we went and had a look at the 4WD training course. I didn't go on it for a couple of reasons. One being that it looked way to easy- just some steep inclines and a bit of uneven terrain. Neither of us were that impressed. Apparently it used to be much harder. I reckon my WRX might have made it through most of that course. Certainly not as challenging as where we were last weekend.

Hopefully the car will be ready in time for Subinats

Back