casperfromholland

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
forester sf
Transmission
manual 5speed 4.44 end h/l 1.59
Hi guys,

I am looking for an other GPS as replacement for my Garmin Quest. I used to drive an off-road motorbike but after a serieus crash, my wife will kill me if i will ever drive a bike again. So there is no need to buy a GPS from the zumo series....

But I do drive off-road with my forester and buggy. I have several tracklogs en (off-road) routes from my motorbike past, who I want to drive in my cars.

Does anybody know if a garmin nuvi is usuable in off-road situations where there is no road in the map of the nuvi?

I like the nuvi 2460LT, but is it any good off-road?

Greetings Casper

Gidday Casper

Hi guys,

I am looking for an other GPS as replacement for my Garmin Quest. I used to drive an off-road motorbike but after a serieus crash, my wife will kill me if i will ever drive a bike again. So there is no need to buy a GPS from the zumo series....

But I do drive off-road with my forester and buggy. I have several tracklogs en (off-road) routes from my motorbike past, who I want to drive in my cars.

Does anybody know if a garmin nuvi is usuable in off-road situations where there is no road in the map of the nuvi?

I like the nuvi 2460LT, but is it any good off-road?

Greetings Casper

My absolutely rock bottom of the range Nuvi 30 has an off-road mode.
I have not had a chance to test it at this stage.

I have a nuvi 1490T and I use it off-road. There is an off-road/bread-crumbs mode you can put it into that can help you keep track of where you've been.. You can also add topographical maps, which sometimes have better coverage for Forest Service roads, etc..

I also have the nuvi 1490, with the topo maps as add ons.
I found it very useful and it got me to where i wanted to go and a bit extra
although some of the tracks on the gps didnt exist in reality

Back