• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Current 'SALE' Catalogues:

Barry

Forum Member
Last edited:
Haven't got the catologue, however just picked up 2 reclining camp chairs at Annaconda for half price, a saving of $87! :monkeydance:

Looks like they have heaps at their Geelong store, don't know about elsewhwere.

REpco is having a January sale starting today
I'm picking up a towbar bike rack and fire extingusihers for 50% off

SCA has a sale ending 22/01/2012.

Snatch straps on special, $40 (5000KG). This is the one many members have, it did well in some test & isnt so stiff it will bend our precious Subies. Just make sure you get a distribution strap as well.

Hurricane compressor, $60, save $40, 37LPM. I have this one, seems to do the job just fine.

Dick Smith has a "tradies Pack" of 2 narrow band (all CBs are switching to NB) hand helds with home charger dock, 2x car chargers, 2x microphones (???) & a "Rugged Carrying Case" lol:
https://dicksmith.com.au/product/D199...c48358caaf1211

G'day again NL

SCA has a sale ending 22/01/2012.

Snatch straps on special, $40 (5000KG). This is the one many members have, it did well in some test & isnt so stiff it will bend our precious Subies. Just make sure you get a distribution strap as well.

I think I need to think about the items in this category.
I would probably be better served with a hand winch and associated gear. Maybe plus one of these:

https://www.princess-trade.com.au/cart/4-tonnes-4wd-4x4-off-road-exhaust-air-jack.html

Hurricane compressor, $60, save $40, 37LPM. I have this one, seems to do the job just fine.

I have ordered this one from Princess Trading:
https://www.princess-trade.com.au/c...ngle-cyclinder-heavy-duty-air-compressor.html

90L/min. $66 delivered. I haven't got it yet; Australia Post has ...

Dick Smith has a "tradies Pack" of 2 narrow band (all CBs are switching to NB) hand helds with home charger dock, 2x car chargers, 2x microphones (???) & a "Rugged Carrying Case" lol:
https://dicksmith.com.au/product/D199...c48358caaf1211

Looks good for packaging and accessories, but how effective is 2W?

Aren't most of the in-car CBs 5W?

I don't think I had better buy any more toys this week. SWMBO has that glint in her eye when she mentions toys being delivered ATM ...

Looks good for packaging and accessories, but how effective is 2W?

Aren't most of the in-car CBs 5W?
We use 2watt hand helds at work & they work fairly well under those conditions. They do come in handy though, as a back up system :)
Also if you need to do some spotting for someone, who may be in a difficult situation, they are very useful :iconwink:

Yes, in-car units are 5watts :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Thanks Mr T

We use 2watt hand helds at work & they work fairly well under those conditions. They do come in handy though, as a back up system :)
Also if you need to do some spotting for someone, who may be in a difficult situation, they are very useful :iconwink:

Yes, in-car units are 5watts :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

I will keep these in mind. They would have been useful at Bunyip SP.

ALDI have a sheel lock for $40 ATM, I picked one up last night for my camper trailer, which lives on the street in front of my place.
Thanks to Ratbag for mentioning these in passing in his trailer thread yesterday. ;)

You're welcome, Barry

ALDI have a sheel lock for $40 ATM, I picked one up last night for my camper trailer, which lives on the street in front of my place.
Thanks to Ratbag for mentioning these in passing in his trailer thread yesterday. ;)

Are they good quality?

I haven't even got there yet!
Don't even think about asking why not ... :(

BTW, thanks for re-posting this here. I didn't even think of it ... Doh!

Last edited:
Seem good quality to me - actually most ALDI stuff is, IME.

The depth is sufficient to take wider tyres than mine, so the cover plate sits out from my hub, but sufficient for my needs - even if not quite the full 'Sherriff's Office' standard! :lildevil:

Anaconda have another sale...
$100 reduction on the Projecta 'Typhoon' (twin head) tyre compressor.
Time I replaced the one I lost.
Also, special on metal handled puncture repair kits AND 'tred' recovery tracks. :)

I think it was Autobarn I saw TREDs on sale for $179

Also, Repco have plastic car ramps on special $79, $50 off. These are rated to 1150kg ea, more than the standard steel ramps (750kg), wont rust & less likely to damage your car with a little bump or scrape. I've put my order in for my Chrissy present lol :biggrin:

Back