• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

My New 2016 LSM DMax

my04tone

Forum Founder - RIP Tony
Went out and bought a new LSM D Max, i need something a bit more heavy duty for towing in the future and the D Max fit the bill.

Brand new
031.jpg

3 litre Turbo diesel, the 4JJ1 motor has a surprising amount of grunt
027.jpg

Havent done too many mods yet, some nice rubber mats to hold the crud off my boots
023.jpg

A dash mat :monkeydance:
021.jpg

And a huge mod so i can plug my USB stick into the radio, Mr Isuzu makes it hard sometimes, just an ordinary USB port will do.
021.jpg

Last edited:
Doing all the little things before i get to the big $$$$$ items

The keys kept opening and locking the doors when in my pocket, an easy fix, silicon condoms :rotfl:
017.jpg

Headlamp protectors, don't want to be forking out for headlights just yet
019.jpg

Bonnet protector
018.jpg

First run down the coast, went like a dream and sips the diesel just nicely
020.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Rally.

Looks like a fantastic new set of wheels, mate. :cool: :biggrin:

Nice to see "proper" white paint on a car!

Congrats, Rally.

Did I win this car and no one tell me? When do I come round to drive it home?

Congrats, Rally.

The colour is Splash White, i wonder how much they paid someone to think that one up :egeek:

I got it at a very good price, i really haggled for this and got what i was happy with, now with the money i saved i can get the $10000+ worth of bars winches, rear bars, canopy, etc etc etc, it never stops.

The only thing i wished they had in it were diff locks, they have a traction control, but lift a wheel and its useless, later down the track i will put some Eaton Harrop E lockers on it, after the lift, rims tyres and suspension mods :rolleyes:.

Nice pickup ! I'd put the Eaton lockers first...:iconwink:

Nice pickup ! I'd put the Eaton lockers first...:iconwink:

Bullbar, winch, Towbar, Side steps, that about covers the cost of the lockers :lol:

I always go the bars 1st, too many big things jumping around on our roads. An animal strike to my intercooler, which is in the front, and i am not going anywhere.

A new set of wheels even if it second hand is always exciting, and when it is new very exciting!

And dipping you hand into your pocket for that sort of money is very scary, not to mention stressful :neutral:

Long distance offroad touring, and towing a caravan, is what its being built for, and the occasional adventure into the unknown :twisted:

Took the truck for a 750k round trip in a day, fuel consumption was 8.2l per 100k, not bad for a new motor that's just ticked over 1000klms

15823076_10209013440067334_7382356905420567789_n.jpg

Some pics along the way
scan.jpg

truck.jpg

silo2.jpg

15781246_10209020535204708_4063551885890462537_n.jpg

Last edited:
They are easy on fuel for sure. The silos look great!

The silos are here in Victoria in a little Mallee town called Brim and were painted by Guido van Helten.

Its great to be able to drive 750k and still have juice in the tank, the old Foz would be starting to spit chips at 500k. The tanks 76l, i will get a long ranger, 147l i think they are, later down the track.

Back