Funny/Interesting stuff you see on YouTube

Engineers with dogs lol :rotfl:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEMRo-IcGk"]What happens when engineers own dogs - YouTube[/ame]

He just needs to make it quieter & also design an outdoor version :monkeydance:

I was feeding my blue tongues some snails the other day & one of the snails decided to hitch a ride. Hilarious vid of the bluey trying to eat the snail lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa6WgVpijHw"]Lizard chases its own tail! - YouTube[/ame]

Poor Marvin had a swim on the weekend :(:shake:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g2oiYjXuJI"]Getting Flooded In Wombat SF - YouTube[/ame]

He also copped some panel damage from the bank. Fortunately no electrical or mechanical damage

Haha Oooops. I think I would have been bailing out backwards after the first wheels went in and went thump.

I was confident if I made it down the drop I would make it out...I was wrong! :rotfl:

I was very close though

You guys are mental! Water ****s everything!
How high did the water get in your car matt? Did you have the muddies on? Wreck your carpet and speakers?

It got up to the top of the seat bottoms, just below the fuse box.

Carpets are now nice & clean prob cleaner than yours lol, & almost dry. Speakers work fine. Fan is blown (it was under) but I'll get a new one from the wrecker & the headlights are still a little foggy (they & the indicators had been full - both hosed out)

Thats a wet adventure…cool no big damages.

Why did you post it here and not in the trip reports ? I nearly passed by without seeing it...

Did you get any clutch slip? I find everytime I'm in water I get major clutch slip..
I cannot understand how you managed to stay completely calm without any swearing when it first happened..

Why did you post it here and not in the trip reports ? I nearly passed by without seeing it...

I only have this vid & 1 photo with me in my undies which is for private viewing only lol :raz::rotfl:

Did you get any clutch slip? I find everytime I'm in water I get major clutch slip..

No clutch slip

I cannot understand how you managed to stay completely calm without any swearing when it first happened..

Haha, many years of white water kayaking, sometimes pretty extreme. It taught me to make correct decisions quickly & calmly :iconwink:

There was some swearing later when I realised I was stuck & the water was coming in, but mostly I was focused on saving my phone (moved from the centre console which later was under water to the top glove box) & getting out to set up the snatch.

No clutch slip

That is amazing even after all that time in the water, there is no chance the clutch would have stayed dry... Maybe you have some kind of super clutch :poke: I have certainly have had mine slip on several occasions and that was only 30 seconds after entering the water. Not enough slippage to stop me getting out but enough to make it so I only just got out. Here is an example, massive slip in the last 10 seconds or so.

[urlwww.youtube.com/watch?v=hDcIVs_qecc[/url]

No clutch slip

That is amazing even after all that time in the water, there is no chance the clutch would have stayed dry... Maybe you have some kind of super clutch :poke: I have certainly have had mine slip on several occasions and that was only 30 seconds after entering the water. Not enough slippage to stop me getting out but enough to make it so I only just got out. Here is an example, massive slip in the last 5 seconds or so.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDcIVs_qecc[/ame]

So that wasn't you revving the engine, that was clutch slip?

No, mine doesn't do that. You can see the snatch go slack as I drive out & up the bank. I was also rocking the car back & forwards heaps at the start & no slip then either

I've been meaning to check if mine has an cover over the inspection hole in the bellhousing. I know Dulagarl was wanting to put one on his...

So that wasn't you revving the engine, that was clutch slip?

No, mine doesn't do that. You can see the snatch go slack as I drive out & up the bank. I was also rocking the car back & forwards heaps at the start & no slip then either

I've been meaning to check if mine has an cover over the inspection hole in the bellhousing. I know Dulagarl was wanting to put one on his...

Well I was trying to drive out causing the revving but the clutch was fully released and the wheels were not spinning.... Not a good feeling.

It is more caused by water coming in through the bottom of the bell housing and there is a large hole there with an exposed spinning starter gear which just sucks water mud and what ever else in.

yep thats the inspection hole & apparently you can get a cover for it...

Are you talking about the bottom inspection port or the top timing one. You can get a sealed cover for the top one but the bottom one I dont think you can.

Here is an engine without the bottom cover fitted
SUBARU_JDM_EJ20_Turbo_Engine_634572269531154478_1.jpg

and here is and engine with it fitted
$(KGrHqIOKp0FJhG0sTpSBSetcc4EeQ~~60_57.JPG

However this cover is not a water tight seal and still has a big hole with just the teeth of the fly wheel exposed which pump water in.

All manual sfs had this cover all auto ones didnt as far as I know. Mine certainly has it and it does not help...

Yeah I think thats the cover but I didnt realise it still had a hole in it. I knew its not water tight, I can just barely see mine next to the crossmember & its had crap flushing out.

That was the only thing I could think of why I dont get ANY clutch slip even when repeatedly using the clutch while its under. Even when it had been submersed for ~5min I had to depress the clutch to drive out & still no slip

I have blocked the bottom hole on mine now so it is better. This was as much to try keep crap out of the starter motor as anything (hasnt worked)

That video I selected reverse when I stopped moving forwards and then straight away selected forwards again. Not what I would call a massive amount of shifting. I have also had slight slip (more a delay to engage) after a short crossing with no clutch usage, just changing gear on the exit when out of the water. I am very intrigued why you didnt get any... weird.

Back