• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Front Oxygen Sensor, P0032, O2 Sensor

G'day Lost Hoosier & :welcome: to ORS.

Apart from what Kevin said, I can't think of anything else. Sorry mate.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Alright, my wife's 2003 Forester got the CEL with the P0032 code, so I changed the sensor then reset the CEL, but it came right back on with the same error code. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

Gus

When I changed mine out, I did have to drive it a bit before the light went out. Did you go for a nice test drive???

Thanks for the welcome and replies (sorry it took so long for me to get back - busy week). She's been driving it for a week and it still comes back on immediately after a reset. I pulled the sensor, put new thread-lock on it and replaced it to no effect.
As for having the right sensor, I got the Bosch mentioned earlier in this thread.
At this point, I think I'm going to take it in and have it looked at rather than drop another $150 on another sensor. Thanks!

Gus
Lost Hoosier
+++
2003 Forester

Thanks for the welcome and replies (sorry it took so long for me to get back - busy week). She's been driving it for a week and it still comes back on immediately after a reset. I pulled the sensor, put new thread-lock on it and replaced it to no effect.
As for having the right sensor, I got the Bosch mentioned earlier in this thread.
At this point, I think I'm going to take it in and have it looked at rather than drop another $150 on another sensor. Thanks!

Gus
Lost Hoosier
+++
2003 Forester

I had a problem like with with Djulpan (2003 Forester XS) before I sold it. Had the sensor replaced, and CEL kept coming on. Eventually my mechanic pulled apart the throttle body and gave it a serious clean - problem solved. he didn't charge for the work, and gave me a six pack of awesome beer for my troubles.

I figure it may have had something to do with not using Subaru Upper Engine spray as often as necessary. Anyway, suss out whether upper engine cleaner has been used, and inspect the throttle body for crud / grime / crap. Cleaning the throttle body may be the answer.

Something I should add, you need anti-seize on the threads, I read somewhere that you need to use anti-seize that is compatible with O2 sensors, mine came with it already on the threads, but if you get one that doesn't, make sure the anti-seize you get is compatible.

What happens if you use normal anti-seize?

I had a problem like with with Djulpan (2003 Forester XS) before I sold it. Had the sensor replaced, and CEL kept coming on. Eventually my mechanic pulled apart the throttle body and gave it a serious clean - problem solved. he didn't charge for the work, and gave me a six pack of awesome beer for my troubles.

Your mechanic GAVE YOU BEERS??? :eek: Thats my kinda mechanic! :monkeydance:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wound up taking it in to the mech and they got it up on the lift and discovered I had it plugged in backwards. I just couldn't tell from where I was looking and like I said, they had to get it up on the lift to figure it out. So, they fixed the plug, reset the light and away we went.

Of course, two days later the CEL popped back on with code P0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)) - whatever the heck that means. So, it looks like it's back to the mechanic for me.

+++
2003 Subaru Forester - "Azure"

GOODNESS! you guys are getting way overcharged, i got a brand new OEM one from my local subaru dealer for $93 and the offset socket tool for $8.99 at the local auto parts store!

gonna tackle it on sunday or monday...

GOODNESS! you guys are getting way overcharged

Welcome to Australia and Imported cars mate! It's always the go, there's a tax for everything over here including a tax on taxes (GST on fuel excise tax for example!).

I too am glad it was an easy fix! Hope it's still running as it should for you ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Gidday Bennie

Welcome to Australia and Imported cars mate! It's always the go, there's a tax for everything over here including a tax on taxes (GST on fuel excise tax for example!).

You forgot to mention the Stamp Duty on the Excise before you apply the GST to the total ...

AND according to our government, we are one of the lowest taxed countries in the world.

As a CPA (retired list ... ) with an interest in such things, I would have to say they are lying all the way to their back teeth, and beyond. Maybe all the way back (and down) to their fundamental orifice, perhaps?

:mob::mob:

^ Pretty much Thunder. With new new bigger tyres the car is sluggish, I got beaten by a 1.6l Ford Laser auto. Now that's shameful! :shake: :eek:
And I'm going to need more power when I have to tow my new project car down to Perth on a trailer :ebiggrin:
Plus after driving some more turbo cars recently and starting my new full time job soon I will be able to pay for one :lildevil:

^ Pretty much Thunder. With new new bigger tyres the car is sluggish, I got beaten by a 1.6l Ford Laser auto. Now that's shameful! :shake: :eek:
And I'm going to need more power when I have to tow my new project car down to Perth on a trailer :ebiggrin:
Plus after driving some more turbo cars recently and starting my new full time job soon I will be able to pay for one :lildevil:

without hijacking this thread to much..

im keen to know more about this new project :lildevil:

^ Without going offtopic anymore I'm just going to say that I will be starting one. A road spec brumby or L next year (start my new job in a few weeks :D). So to have that and the foz as a beast and I'm happy :p

Back