Australia Day 'catch up' - Melbourne.

Barry

Forum Member
With Australia Day falling on a Wednesday - making a long weekend impractical for many - I was thinking there might be some who would be interested in catching up for a bit of a drive and a chin wag. :)

My thoughts were, say, north of Melbourne. Either some of the back roads west of the Hume, near El Freddo's former stamping ground, or alternatively around Flowerdale, east of the Hume, and perhaps contribute a bit to the bushfire affected economy.

Anyone interested?

With Australia Day falling on a Wednesday - making a long weekend impractical for many - I was thinking there might be some who would be interested in catching up for a bit of a drive and a chin wag. :)

My thoughts were, say, north of Melbourne. Either some of the back roads west of the Hume, near El Freddo's former stamping ground, or alternatively around Flowerdale, east of the Hume, and perhaps contribute a bit to the bushfire affected economy.

Sounds good but we're up near Cohuna on the Murray for Oz week :D :D This year is looking a bit dicy at the moment due to the floods up there. We're hoping it subsides well enough before we head up there. Last year we built a bar at the camp site we were staying at and we're all pretty keen to have a drink at that bar, even though I know at least two seats are MIA - either burnt or taken way by the Sept/Oct floods. Ruby Scoo just got us in there as it was well slippery! By the look of the mud on the vegetation the water had been a good foot above our track into the campsite. I then almost slid into the river with my flat soled shoes. It was still a good 3 or 4 metres above the level we see on Oz day... Good times (both Oz day and that random 2am trip home from hotham).

Cheers

Bennie

Back