• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

dumb snorkel question?

MONSTERSKULLS

Forum Member
Just curious, do any of you who have had a snorkel on your subaru for a wile change the direction of the snorkel head? Heavy rain, dust/sand, going through water/puddles at high speeds, etc.? I have driven in thunderstorms at 70 mph, as well as large puddles at 60 mph and have noticed the inside of the snorkel head damp, but after taking it all apart, realized only a few drops of water really got in, not enough to do anything at all. Has anyone had any problems with a snorkel at all? besides going wayyyyy too deep :rotfl:

I've had the snorkel on my Forry for just on 5 years now & never had a moments trouble :raz:
I have my snorkel head facing forward virtually all the time. However, if I'm in a convoy I do sometimes turn it around (to face backwards) if it's really dusty :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

While we are talking about dumb questions what if water splashes onto/into the snorkel head. Or as said rain. Wouldn't that go into the engine and hydrolock it?

rain / water, (heavier than air) hits the back of the ram head and drains out the ram vents. Turning the ram around is mainly for snow that can become compacted in the ram head or, as Mr T said, sometimes travelling in a convoy under really dusty conditions (but I'm not sure it really makes any difference)

rain / water, (heavier than air) hits the back of the ram head and drains out the ram vents. Turning the ram around is mainly for snow that can become compacted in the ram head or, as Mr T said, sometimes travelling in a convoy under really dusty conditions (but I'm not sure it really makes any difference)

It makes a difference as the heavier stuff wont get sucked in.

Back