On The Road Again.

silver

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Well here i am on the Gold Coast after 26 months in FNQ.
Left on Fri. 15th @ 5pm and arrived Sat. 16th @ 8.45pm. 1750klms and just cruised with a couple of naps along the way. Nice drive generally and the Forrie went well with the new luggage pod set up for the first time.
I didn't do exact milage figures but reckon i averaged about 10ltrs per 100 klms @ the speed limits. Pretty happy with that really. The handling certainly is different though, nice and easy through the corners is the go.
The worst thing about the drive was the bloody people towing caravans!!!
Time after time i would be cruising along and come across a line of trucks and cars held up by people towing caravans doing 80kph in a 100 zone oblivious to the fact they were creating a traffic jam on the national highway and ignorant of the fact that their Cruisers and Patrols are more than capable of pulling their vans at the speed limit.
I had Bridgestone ER592s fitted to the front of the Forrie before my departure and pretty happy with them. First impressions are they are a 'comfortable' tyre and certainly quieter than the G3s. A very nice cruising tyre which suits me, however they do highlight the Forries lack of sound proofing.
Staying at the Coast for a another week and then off to the Mid North Coast of NSW for a week or two.

Back